Guys, why do you not like short hair on girls?

I know it might have to do with the fact that she looks more feminine with long hair, but so do some short-haired girls. Also, does the same thing go for girls with afro? Let me know!

Well it definitely has to do with short-haired girls not looking as feminine as they would with long-hair. But as far as afros go, those are always lovely no matter what length! I'd know, thanks to my current afro :D

Most Helpful Guy

• I can tell you that I didn't like short hair on a girl at a young age. When I was immature, it was more about her lust inspiring qualities. Longer hair is usually better for that. However when you get older, if the guy matures sufficiently, he may begin to evaluate her on her more ethereal qualities (which hair plays very little role in). Also, face shape is important.

What Guys Said 3

• Short hair can look good on a girl. I don't find it unattractive.

• Cause a lot of girls with short hair don't look good. Resembles too much like a guy.

• how about afros?

• wow, that's harsh

• Just the way I see it. Of course that's just MY opinion. I am not the only guy so other guys may think differently

• Because I'm not attracted to men and short hair makes women resemble guys.

What Girls Said 1

• cause short hair is apparently ''manly'' since long hair used to mean that the person just sat at home and cleaned (jobs where long hair didn't get in the way and you had enough time to take care of it) which is just the whole ''men are providers'' thing,so it's a symbol of femininity. to be honest,i only feel feminine with short hair,long hair makes me feel like a bum. probably cause my idols for femininity are edie sedgwick,twiggy,jean seberg and mia farrow,not one long haired idol. but afros are awesome at any length.