How much does physical appearance matter to you?

Be straight up and brutally honest with this question. How much do looks matter when it comes to starting a relationship with someone?

How ugly is too ugly?

Can a good personality completely trump a god-awful hideous appearance especially when it comes to intimacy?

• I only date good-looking people!
  • I need some physical attraction; otherwise they can only be a friend!
  • They don't need to be attractive, but they can't be overly repulsive!
  • Even if they looked like a demented freak with a horribly deformed face; I would still date them. Looks don't matter at all!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm gonna be straight honest with you then.

It's not about being pretty or ugly, but it's the attraction. I've felt majorly attracted to this guy, who most of my friends just thought was ugly. But he wasn't to me, because I felt this attraction.

And sometimes there is this super hot guy, but I'm just not attracted to him, so it could never work.

And attraction is just based on a feeling, and I'm sure you'll find someone who finds you attractive. Everyone does. Without attraction to someone I could never be intimate (as in, having sex). If there is attraction, and I get to know him and it turns out he's a deep guy with a good personality, well, then who knows what will happen...

• What does attraction mean to you? What is it that triggers attraction in you, or that feeling as you say?

• Attraction is just there. You'll notice it right when you meet each others' eyes.

I felt attracted to all kind of guys.

What Girls Said 13

• you have to realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder...there are many guys that aren't attracted to me...does it meani am ugly? no just not their type

• I have to find him attractive at least. IDC how good his personality is, if I think he's hideous I won't want to date him or get intimate with him.

• If I'm even going to look, I have to find you decently attractive. Good personality goes to an extent, I'd rather a good balance, I would prefer an average guy with an okay personality than someone I don't find attractive (and same for a good looking guy with a horrendous personality)

A good personality cannot change the fact that I don't get turned on by them. Not my fault.

• I need to be psychically attracted to them when I met them. I want be like like "Wow, he's gorgeous!" Then I get to know him. If he has a great personality, he's 1000x more attractive to me. If he has a terrible personality, he doesn't necessarily get uglier, but I'll move on. If he's hideous, I won't even make the effort to talk to him.

No matter how amazing of a personality someone has, it doesn't take away from the fact that his outer appearance is terrible.

Just my honest opinion.

• Honesty is a trait I value highly, thanks for your answer. A bit belated.

• I went with B because there are many aspects in a relationship, including sex appeal. You can totally be my friend regardless of how you look like (even if you looked like a freak), but once dating is invovled, that physical attraction is definitely needed, but obviously not at the very top of the priority list! Maybe mid-way on the list lol

• I voted B, we have to be somewhat attracted to each other but what really matters is that we like our overall character.

• basically, for me to be attracted to someone they need to be attractive in my opinion. then I'll go from there. lol

• Attractive guys can catch my attentions at first =D, but basically, a person with beautiful personality is my only choice

• Goo teeth and skin are #1 everything else can be average and unless their super hot they need to be super funny. Good personality/ funny trumps average looks

• i think it matters to a certain extent I think everyone needs some their physically attracted to cause if the physical attraction isn't there then it would be a good realationship

• Physical appearance DOES matter but most definitely not as much as personality. I just have to have some kind of attraction to you. You have to be adorable or average. I don't feel I'm picky anyways when it comes to looks. I feel like any (guy) can get to that stage of adorable or average anyways. If your fat---you can lose weight. If you have horrible acne---there are all natural remedies you can make to help your skin. If you have bad teeth---brush and get braces. I feel like it doesn't take much for a guy to look attractive or average, so why should I date someone I don't find completely unattractive because he's not trying enough for himself. I try to look good, I deserve to have some kind of physical standard.

But I do know some situations where the girl was not attracted to the guy one bit but when out with him anyway because his personality was amazing.

• well mostly any (teenage-young adult) guy

• What's hot to me maybe ugly to somebody else.

• To be honest it is important. I don't need the guy to look like a god. But he should be at least okay.

Not too fat or skinny , clean.

I dated a guy that was a little fat. And I tried because he was like the nciest guy..But when it came to sexual stuff. it was a problem for me because it was just unattractive. he turned me off .

I just could do things drunk.. And I don't think this is how its supposed to be :p so I broke up. I know it sounds mean. but I couldn't do this anymore.

• That's actually very fair of you. Not mean

• yea that's not mean I'm sure he noticed that you only did anything sexual when you were drunk and that's pretty embarrassing lol It was definitely a better idea to break up with him lol

What Guys Said 3

• Picked C and I could say I have standards, but I really don't know what they are. There are all sorts of traits that attract me, in all sorts of combinations. Safe to say, I don't know what I like, but I know when I feel it. But initial attraction doesn't really determine the strength of the resultant relationship, people say it is personality, but I'd add trust, respect and communication to that as well. But, people change and so do appearances so I can't really answer this with any confidence.

• I picked B,because I have to find them at least somewhat attractive,but they have to be interesting .Goodlooking girls are nice,but if they ain't interesting I will get bored.

• Voted c because there probably is a limit but for the most part looks mean nothing to me. I'm not impressed with attractive people. A good personality can make anybody attractive to me and a bad personality can make anyone instantly repulsive to me. I think I'm in the minority though. Most people I know date horrible people simply for their looks or put up with a lot of bullsh*t simply because they're so physically attracted to someone. Glad physical attraction doesn't do that to me.