What color laces for these black boots?

I just bought these black military style lace up boots online link I like them cause they're a little edgy so they'll look cute with dresses, but I don't want them to look too manly, so I was going to replace the laces with a colored ribbon, but I'm not sure what color ribbon...Maybe silver, or burgundy or rust orange?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wear what you like but be aware that anyone my age or older is going to look at you funny if you pick white, yellow, red, blue or green since those all used to have meanings, basically declaring as either pro or anti nazi.

• aww mann :( What about like a coffee color or creamy ivory? Does that have any nazi meaning?

• damn those neo-nazi with their fashionable laces XD

• ivory yes, coffee no. I'll note that in my case at least, I know full well young people don't remember.

For the record, green was the main anti-nazi (more anarchist punk) color.

It was worse before my time. A guy I knew who was about 6 years older then me used to go to punk/skinhead shows in toronto, and people would literally be coming up to you asking 'are you sharp" wrong answer = beatdown.

What Guys Said 1

• depends on your dress I think ...

don't do red , that's a sign of neo-nazi's in many countries ha ha (red laces in combats = has injured or killed someone in street combat lol ) :D

I had blue ones for my rookie-ritual in the army , and it looked quite good ha ha :p

not silver , that would look over the top I think :)

What Girls Said 3

• A dark silver one.

• you don't have to change them if you're going to wear them with a dress,personally,i love it when girls mix masculine and girlie things. but if you really want to-i'd go with beige or orange

• black laces! Burgundy would be really cool tho