Your view on leggings?

So I have this really cute outfit, black leggings, black winter boots, a bright red tank top and a black low cut shirt; I usually wear the tank top and shirt with some jeans and my old old etnies. But I really want to wear it with leggings, and the red tank top is kinda long so it would cover my ass and the black shirt is maybe like an inch shorter then that and when I put it all together it looks really cute. Although, it bothers me when girls wear just leggings and nothing else, and when they use shirts as dresses; which is what I'm doing with this outfit so yes I feel like a hypocrite.

Anyways, what do guys think of the whole leggings instead of pants, and using your longer shirts as a dress? I'm going to a surprise party for my best friend's sister and there's a guy that's gonna be there that I like and I don't wanna look like a fool.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never liked leggings, but I've had to accept the, but Leggings =/= pants! Especially if a girls nether region is not covered by a large shirt, pants or a dress. That just looks tacky.

• Haha my "nether" region as you put it, would be covered since the red shirt is long, but tight. Would that be acceptable?

• Yeah, I suppose

What Guys Said 3

• I would agree with anthony8x the tank, Boys like to see flesh, or otherwise prefer hot pants and a short top. If your body is not really slim though, it can give the opposite impression.

There's nothing wrong with being modest though and covering up your body is a type of style that I would advise. When I see a girl at a party I'd prefer she dressed modestly and is shy around other boys.

You seem like a nice girl. And Your personality in the end is what matters . . .

• I mean I'm not slim, I have a curvy body, but not in a "fat" way...if that makes sense haha. To me it's pretty modest, I'm not showing my legs, the only skin really showing is my chest and arms since it's short sleeved and it's not low cut as to like "BAM! There's my boobs," or anything. And thanks for that last part haha.

• Stick to something you know you look good in. Not need to risk it. It might sound good but that doesn't mean it will look good.

• I don't like leggins, unless you are perfomrming in a ballet, don't wear them.

What Girls Said 2

• Leggings are itchy.. You might as well go bare.

• Haha they don't itch me, I think they're really comfortable.

• Boots are hideous, rest of outfit good.

• 'Preciate it, but those boots are comfy as hell.

• I have like dozens. I love all the different types of designs. LOVE EM.

• So you'd wear something like this? It looks really cute, and I love it, but I don't know what he would say or think.

• Eh, I don't really like my arms haha. I have until Saturday to figure this out, so I might do the half jacket thing. Thank you! :)

• U could even by shirts that look really nce that like cover heaps of your arms.

No worries :)