For some is 6 ft tall the minimum?

Also, on a dating site if a girl puts "her date" as 6' to 8'11 what is that supposed to mean? She isn't attracted to guys under 6'? If so, that is BS because she is only listed as 5'6...

Most Helpful Girl

• haha, that is my minimum, but I am 6 ft :) it actually bothers me because she can go shorter...i wish! she just is attracted to them tall, even if she's not...if she truly does love your personality and isn't too caught up on the height she'll fall for you anyways, I dated a 5'9'' guy one time and I thought it was gonna kill me. it just depends on how shallow she is and if she'll give you a chance before she judges you for your height.

What Girls Said 11

• for me it doesn't really matter I'm short no matter what (4' 11") but my boyfriend is 6' 2" (I think) and my exes have been from 5' - up... I don't think she would actually care, if she really likes the guy... you can't choose who the heart wants, guys shouldn't let things like that keep them from a girl.

• For some? Yes. For me and a lot of other girls? Not at all.

• she probaly is making an extreme example. I'm 5'7, have dated mostly taller guys or same height. only one was maybe an inch shorter

• for me.. I need a tall guy.. I'm 5'6 and I like to wear heels.. so for comfort.. I like generally average 5'10 and up.. it makes me comfortable. and it runs in my fam (tall guys) so I'm used to tall.. I find it extremely attractive.

• Some girls place a higher value on height than others. Me, as long as he's taller, we're good.

• I personally don't care as long as their taller than me, 5'7, 510, 6;2..."8.11"...whatever haha..

• Everybody has their own taste. Personally, I'd rather not date anyone OVER 6'

• I know a girl who only dates guys 6' and up and she's also 5'6, so yes haha. (wtf at 8'11).

• I was thinking WTF to about the 8'11. Maybe she is trying to say "it doesn't matter as long as he is 6' tall. Taller the better." What a bitch.

• lmao, I agree that is bullsh*t.

• 6' is a minimum because I'm 5' 10"/11" so he's gotta be taller than me AT LEAST without heels on

• It is understandable that you want a 6 ft guy...

• it's just what she likes I guess? Buff guys with brown hair and brown eyes and tanned skin were my type till I met my husband who was a skinny ginger pale as could be with freckles LOL it was just what initially attracted me but not what a choose for myself in the end...it's just like if some guys like little petite women or tall leggy women...it's what they find attractive and they can't help it but it doesn't mean they couldn't be attracted to a girl who isn't one or the other if the personality/chemistry was there.

• Some girls place a lot of emphasis on height. Be happy though, girls place less emphasis on looks than guys do. Height is just one area in which we do care about. We're the ones who deal with the real brunt of shallow standards.

• Seriously? Girls can put on makeup and look overall fake and a guy will like them. Guys can't do ANYTHING about height except wear special shoes to make them taller. And then girls don't like him because he is "insecure" about his height. Guys just can't win either way...

• You realize that a guy would have to wear 3 inch heels on his shoes to get up to 6 ft if he were a 5'9 midget?

• You're not even reading what I'm saying at all. Most girls don't require that he be at least 6 foot, but most do have a height preference. When you compare this to all of the shallow looks based requirements men have, things that sometimes we can fix but sometimes we can't ( like boob size unless we get surgery), it evens out. Guys are much more looks shallow than women.

What Guys Said 4

• I seriously doubt there are many girls who'd put 6 feet as a minimum unless they are almost 6 feet. So this girl is just picky

• Ha oh wait. She is 5'4... What a bitch

• Yeah, that sucks, but she is entitles to her own preferences. Think these height requirements as a way to filter out super picky women.

• I think taller girls prefer taller guys, while short girls have their own preference some like tall, some like short.

• I know man...This is BS.

I'm 5'11. But there are a lot of girls that this seems WAY too short for them. 6'0 is the minimum. Even if they are 5'2 themselves. Seems to be a growing trend. The good guys are being set aside with these ideal extremely unrealistic standards.

I guess its the equivelant of guys that say a girl MUST have the figure of Barbie, just to be dateable.

• Short guys are equal to fat girls. No one wants them :/