Girls, how do you feel about makeup?

What's your honest take on makeup? How do you personally feel about it? Do you like wearing it, do you feel pressured to wear it, do you avoid it at all costs or embrace it to death? Please share! =)

I enjoy makeup, but lately I just feel such a strong urge to throw out every piece of makeup I own and not look back. I like wearing it to an extent, but lately in the mornings when I go to put it on I kind of get really angry lol. I was just wondering what other girls' opinions on makeup were? Thanks =)

Most Helpful Girl

• Other than like some, concealer, eyeliner, and mascara...and maybe a light foundation if you have uneven or powder if you have oily , I think the full blown makeup should be reserved for special occasions. I do think some girls that do makeup well look pretty with it and I respect that thought and creativity that goes into it but it does look a little odd when it's 100 degrees outside and they're simply going to somewhere like the grocery store.

I don't enjoy wearing makeup but I cannot live without my concealer. I have super dark circles around my eyes and it makes me feel ugly. I wish I didn't have dark circles so I wouldn't have to wear makeup. I also wear eyeliner and mascara and powder but I only put it on when I want to. I don't "need" it like I need my concealer. I think makeup is expensive and yet another thing to add to the routine.

If you have these strong urges stop wearing makeup I think you should just do yourself the favor and go all the way and don't look back. I think makeup does more harm than good, unless makeup is how you make your money or at the very least a hobby.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 7

• I love it there's so much to choose from and some makeup looks adorable I enjoy wearing makeup as a way o express myself and my personal unique style and to hide my redness a little and my really dark circles there's lots of ways to wear makeup for every girl out there.I wear it really natural most days to school or sometimes wear a bright lipstick it's nice to try different things:)

• I have a love hate relationship with make up. I'll wear it once in a while, but most of the time I'm either too lazy or I can't get the foundation to not look cakey, or it's 100+% humidity and it runs down my face. However, I'm obsessed with mascara. Dear lord I never go out without it. If a new mascara product comes out; I have to try it. I've tried every single one to date as far as I know.

• I like it, but it's not something I apply often. I just don't feel the need to put it on every day, so it's pretty much reserved for special occasions. I don't really feel pressured to wear it, I see it as an optional thing. I can put some on when I want to look particularly nice or the mood strikes me. I think if people use it tastefully it's a way to enhance and bring out the best in your features.

• I like it and I've gone through a bunch of phases with it. Loving it, hating it, etc. Now I just like that it can cover up big problems- like my dark undereye circles- but I don't use it for much else. I want to look like me.

• I'm too lazy for it most of the time, but I like to wear it on occasion. I never feel any pressure to wear makeup, but when I do wear it it gives me a nice extra confidence boost :)

• I don't wear makeup, maybe a little bit of blusher at times and that is because I don't feel like I need it. That doesn't mean I'm against it and call girls who love to wear makeup as "fake" or "sluts". I think it adds style and beauty to a lot of girls. They key is to put on the makeup that suits you not anyone else.

• i rarely feel beautiful without it