If you dye your hair does growing hair stay the natural color?

Say if someones blond, and they dye their hair black, will growing hair be blond? even if done at a hairdresser etc.

Okay enough of the abuse I've only just gotten hair.

Most Helpful Girl

• no, it does not change your dna

What Girls Said 6

• you made me facepalm my face off lol yes,the newly grown hair will be your natural color

• The natural hair color will return if the person doesn't keep up with their roots. So yes.

• Hair dye does not change your DNA... that is what people have roots and still have grey hair.

• yeah lol. Have you ever seen roots? The dye doesn't go into your scalp, just the hair that has already grown.

• Yes...your natural hair color will grow in :)

• Yes. It is recommend to dye your hair a similar shade so roots (natural hair color) aren't as obvious. Ex. If you have medium brown hair, dye it a shade lighter. However if you want to completely change your hair color like in your example, then go for it, but you have to touch it up every 2-4 weeks to maintain the color. Are you planning to dye your hair? What color? If so, good luck :)

What Guys Said 0