Benefits of replica handbags?

For women who have a taste for stylish things in life, but without enough money to afford the luxurious items, these low priced designer reproduction handbag ones are actually smart and ideal choices.

0|0
4|3

Most Helpful Guy

• There are bags that are similar styles and well made, that's one thing but full on 'replica' ... is just sad.

Frankly, I think any kind of visible logo is kind of lame whether its real or not.

But the point of getting a bag should be that its a great bag. If its a crappy bag with a sign on it saying its a good bag ... that just says 'i don't know a damn thing about clothes/bags, but someone else said this bag was good'

If you want a stylish bag without paying a fortune, look to vintage. Depending on your budget, you can get some ridiculous stuff. Last year I got my wife a near mint black alligator bag, gorgeous belly skins by what was (when it was made) one of the top u.s. makers of exotic skin bags ... for $300.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Designer labels are just status symbols. So all you're doing is faking that you're a status that you're not. Why? What's the point? Especially considering most designer handbags don't have enough storage space to carry around a decent amount of sh*t in.

1|0
    0|0
  • I thik they are of such low quality that they'll look silly after a short time. =My advice is to avoid the 'hot' brands and get something well made by someone less well known.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• You can tell which bags are fake. I would never buy one. If I want a new bag that isn't expensive then I'd buy a less expensive designer one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get nice quality bags you can afford.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well they support sweatshop labor, rip off a unique creative vision, and have been linked to supporting organized crime and terrorism.

If you're talking brands that are still reputable and just imitate designer things (not try to outright copy them, like the sketchy LV handbags sold for $10 on street corners) like, say, Steve Madden (although that's for shoes, not bags) then I guess they're about the same as any other brand in their price range as far as fair labor conditions go, but they're still blatantly ripping off someone else's design, which as an artist I find quite unfair.

Just buy a well made bag that isn't a knockoff, it'll probably be better quality, and NOT rip off a designer. Or, buy vintage - I've seen some amazing vintage designer bags in the $50-$100 price range, in great condition, made of leather, and in my opinion, better looking than most bags put out today.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I were to ever want a luxury handbag it would definitely be a replica. I wouldn't try to pass it off as real but there's no way I'm paying a ridiculous amount of money for something I throw all of my crap in. The benefit is you're not spending an entire paycheck on a bag. For me, that's reason enough.

I don't own any replica handbags but one thing that annoys me about women is when they bitch about another woman owning a replica bag. What does it matter?!

0|0
    0|0