Looks are pretty important. If you're not attractive then the chances of you getting a pretty girl are low

Another user said this in another question. True or false? Why?

• True
  • False

Most Helpful Girl

• Disagree. Actually, research says that in the long run, beautiful women with average men tend to have more solid relationships.

Also, I agree with anon girl below.

What Girls Said 8

• considering that I'm a girl,that isn't true,i might just be biased but that only seems to be true for girls. an unattractive guy can get a girl pretty easily from my experience as long as he has a good personality,or if she's a golddigger-as long as he has money. but unattractive girls don't stand a chance,i've never seen a guy who had a girl less attractive than him. even the unattractive guys who can't grow a personality have ''standards'' (impossible standards) so the ugly girls can't even get the ugly guys,guys seem to think that they're privileged,that they deserve a model-like girl even tho they have nothing to offer them.

• Aww, poor you.

• So if a guy is not attracted to a non-attractive woman he should not date her. agree?

• agreed,i wasn't trying to say that ''ugly'' guys should settle,but just like they aren't attracted to ugly girls,most pretty girls are used to a certain type of guy-they shouldn't blame the girls for not being attracted to them by calling them shallow bitches,it's fairly hypocritical

• Looks are important, but not THAT important. In some cases, it could increase your chances. but if a girl won't consider you because of the way you look, you should reconsider whether or not she's pretty enough to even care about.

• I would have to disagree because I have seen lots of average or below average guys with girls who are simply gorgeous. Take my friend, for example, she is gorgeous and very good looking and she is dating a guy who is overweight and not very good looking. She genuinely really likes him though. It's cute. :-)

• if you're ugly, then why must you get the pretty girl? what's wrong with a less attractive girl? I just don't get why everyone is so into the pretty people, yet they don't understand why the pretty people won't be attracted to the ugly.

• Physical attraction is important. you agree?

• then you need to get rich really quickly or learn to be attracted to the 3's or learn to be alone for a really really really long time

• Lol wow. is it not OK for guys to turn down girls they aren't attracted to?

• I say false, I don't want to sound mean, but one of my close guy friends who people consider unattractive seems to get a lot of very pretty girlfriends.

• As much as I don't want to say it, I think its true from what I've seen. Only in rare cases do pretty girls take interest in unattractive guys genuinely. Most unattractive guys I see with pretty girls are usually wealthy, and that was probably their reason for getting the pretty girls, which makes the girls' interest in them very ingenuine. I'm not saying it's not possible for a pretty girl to like an unattractive guy genuinely, what I am saying though is that it's not a common thing.

• False like the guy said man put much more importance on a Girls look than the other way around no wonder We Girls end Up obsessed with our looks that's huge on a guys point of view...

• I disagree. I see a lot of average and even ugly men with stunning girls. The thing is to attract someone who would believe in you and consider you very special.

What Guys Said 9

• I agree that not being attractive would probably lower one's chances, but that's pretty much the pecking order of society. If you're attractive, you'll always be at an advantage. Just because one's chances are lower doesn't mean they are low, however. Looks wise, I've been pretty happy with all of my exes plus the girl I'm currently with, and I'm not even all that attractive. As long as one doesn't look absolutely hideous, they could probably make up for not looking like Jake Gyllenhaal or something in other ways.

• gonna go with false... I'm a average guy and have been with a girl way out of my league. Honestly if your not hideous and have half a personality you have a good chance

• Looks and/or money, this are the two locomotive engines for a success by the women. By girls? Not or not so much. Later after 30 they start with this "philosophy", - of course not all, but many.

• Disagree. That is assuming a broad standard of beauty for everyone, and since that is subjective...

• Physical attraction is important for a healthy relationship.

• I guess I could agree with that. I'd have to point that attractiveness has a bit of subjectivity to it.

I think the most important factor is whether you're an a**hole or not. ;)

• Girls say looks don't matter and personality does but in reality when it comes to asking a guy out or a guy asking them out only two things matter which are looks and how well he can bullsh*t her with confidence...

• I say the chances are low unless the guy is financially good.

• False.

Good looks are only as important as making a superficial first impression on someone who rates looks. (Not as common as you'd think, the older you get.)

It's practically a cliche to see a fairly unattractive guy with a drop dead gorgeous woman, and people wondering, what's his secret? Does he have a magic d***? Is he super talented? Super rich? Is he going to be President some day? (Lyle Lovett, Dennis Kucinich, etc...)

The fact is, men rate a womans looks as being far more important than a woman rates a mans looks.

But rather typically, some men refuse to believe that what they think is important, is not the same as what women think is important.