Why do girls prefer tall guys?

Honestly. I am confused. To me, being a guy who is 5'5 1/2", I do not mind dating a taller woman. It wouldn't bother me one bit.

I find it hilarious at the amount of girls who think that a taller guy can "protect them", or that it makes them feel more protected. Um, last I checked, our ancient ancestors were very short (around 5'0) and they were stronger than today's modern top body builders. Oh, and quicker too.

My question is: Why does a girl feel like a tall man can defend them more than a built, short guy? Like me, I weigh 200 lbs at 24% body fat (shorter guy). I've never had a huge problem personally, however, I have noticed a lot of girls with tall, lanky guys who would probably get crushed by a guy of my strength and stature. Frankly, I think shorter guys are much more tougher than the taller ones, physically.

Why do girls prefer tall guys when the tall guy obviously can't protect them any more/less than a shorter guy? LOL.

Most Helpful Girl

• well...I'm 5'9" and I like a guy who is 5'6"

my roommate is 5'10" and her boyfriend is 5'1" (most adorable couple ever haha)

and my friend is 6'0" and her boyfriend is 5'4".

there's lots of girls out there who like short guys :)

What Girls Said 6

• 24% fat? You do realize that as a man the border for being obese is 25% body fat? That's certainly not a built body type. I think your weight is holding you back more than your height is.

• Perhaps it's lower and I overestimated, then. I've worked out for the past six months four times a week, so yes, I am quite built and I am quite strong, dear.

• The percentage for male athletes is usually between 6-13%. And try not to get crazy big. It's not attractive to most women and will look disproportionate with your height.

• We like men who can "take care of us", and height is an obvious way of a guy looking strong and manly. That being said, I have friends who don't really care. I'm 5'7, and personally, love tall guys. But, I also say I love brunettes, and my last boyfriend was a platinum blond. Impress us and we will fall for you no matter what:)

• It's wired into our system. Instinct makes us want to survive and to find a healthy, strong, and dominant male. Women, even animals, are naturally attracted to what looks best for survival and passing on healthy offspring. Being tall is also signifies the male gender and women find masculinity appealing. Studies were done and found that men were atracted to curvey hips and high pitched voices because it signifies femininity. However our minds can be manipulated and we develope preferences. Most women can't help being attracted to tall guys, but it's not a deal breaker for many women.

• i think its because its a society thing and girls want to feel like they can be protected by someone who is taller plus for its weird kissing a boy shorter than me

• being a 5'2 girl it's really hard to find a guy shorter than me... anything taller than me even if it's 5'3 is fine with me.. I don't really care...

• I like taller guys. It's just a personal opinion! I mean, there's nothing wrong with shorter guys- think; Leonard from The Big Bang Theory is shorter then his ex, Penny. Whatever the size is- it doesn't matter. It's about the person within- not how tall they are!

(PS- and I know the whole "tall man/big feet means a big ..." is total bs... :)

• What would you say about a man who had an amazing charismatic, charming personality who was fit, funny, intelligent and modest? What if he was downright gorgeous looking? What would you say to that?

What Guys Said 2

• I'm on the tall side (6'2") and I don't look particurally strong, my arms and legs are of average build and I don't have a six pack, though I'm not fat at all.

I'm a lot stronger than I look though, partially due to my job (loading airplanes). If I were around your height I'd probably look a bit more defined as the muscle could only grow out away from the bone rather than along it.

But hey, who knows.

• only female big foots like overly tall guys, normal girls don't care as long as you're taller than them