I had surgery and now I'm embarrassed about my scars.

6 months ago I had my gall bladder removed and now I've got 3 noticeable scars on my stomach and I really hate them. One of them I consider to be huge but the other two are fairly small. I used to have this great stomach and now when I look at it all I see are these ugly scars. I'm posting a link of my stomach to get y'all's opinions. Should I really be embarrassed about these scars? Should I keep them covered up in the summer time? I just don't now :(

link

also do you still find my stomach sexy? or am I just SOL?

Most Helpful Girl

• You kiddin me girl? You still have a great tummy and I don't feel that the scars detract from that at all. Plus you only had the surgery 6 months ago, those scars will still fade and eventually be hardly noticeable. I had my appendix removed about two years ago, this time of year, and I have 3 scars from it as well. They've faded so much since then that anyone who ever sees my stomach doesn't even notice them unless I point them out. Think of them as battle scars. You had to fight a battle against your own body and you won when the problem was removed.

Everyone has scars, dude. And in cases like these, it's not really something you can avoid. Like for me, it was either take the appendix out WITHOUT health insurance and rack up $35,000 in medical bills, or die, haha, guess which one I chose. ;P Also, if a guy has such a problem with your scars that you can't help, to the point that he finds you less attractive for having them, is he really the kind of guy that you WANT to have? I certainly wouldn't want him.

What Guys Said 5

• it's fine superman pajamas, be proud of the scars you survived. or go to a tattoo parlor and get your skin color tattooed.

• I just looked at your picture again, because I find stomachs sexy and I just noticed that your big middle scar is symmetrical.

• symmetrical?

• HAHAHAHAHA! O:O...I do not wish to make fun of you..but you have a SUPER SEXY Stomach...please do NOT cover it up and deprive the world of this bit of Exquisite Excellence...oh..and btw...scars rarely turn guys off..if anything a bit of a turn on...

• They're tiny, stomach looks great, don't worry about them.

• You should cover them in the summer because scars' skin is thinner, so it's better not to expose them to sun too much.

Other than this, no big deal really. If you don't pay attention to them, nobody will :)

• would you still consider my stomach sexy? or is it a turn off to have the scars?

• It's not your stomach which is sexy. it's YOU.

• lol you don't even know what I look like

• i guess. I'm really self conscious about the way I look and I personally can't stand my scars. to me they're flaws that shouldn't be there and I always feel like I'm being judged poorly when people look at me. I'm just afraid that I'll go to a beach or the pool or something and people will think "Eeewww! she should really cover up her stomach! those scars are nasty" I know it's really shallow...

• Yeah, for sure. They will even throw tomatoes at you ;p

What Girls Said 3

• I cannot see them well, but I think that you should be patient. after year they won't be as visiable as they are now. I can see they are darker than your skin - do you have holes there or its just purple pigmentation? you can buy this link if you don't have deep holes there. it works. but don't worry its not that bad at all.

• no worries at all! they are so small they kinda look like birth marks or something :)

last year I had to have my throat cut open to remove a cyst and I have a 1.5 scar across my neck but it's faded to almost invisibility! It doesn't bother me at all (it did at first)! just another battle scar of life :)

• make sure you cover them with sunscreen but otherwise they could be birthmarks they're not that bad.