Guys, when a female you fancy says that you're "cute", do you consider that a good thing or a bad thing?

The reason I am asking this question is, because in my lifetime (I'm 26) I've only been called "hot" enough times to count on one hand...

...

...

...yet I don't complain about members of the female gender "only liking me as a friend", or anything like that.

I get called cute all the time. Damn that sounded arrogant as hell lol. Allow me to clean that up. :-X

What I mean is...when I get complimented (strictly on appearance), I'm usually told that I'm "cute", or on rare instances "handsome".

I'm not the type of guy that advertises his "play", or is arrogant about his appearance (I'm average-at-best fitness-wise lol), but I will say that I get enough female attention to know that I won't be dying alone lol...

...

...I've kissed a girl (amongst "other things"), I have females flirting with me and "giving me signals", I DEFINITELY don't complain about "not getting female attention" or "not getting play...

...

...yet I've only been called "hot" 5 times in my life.

So, to my fellow males (and females if you want to chime in), do you think that being considered "cute" by females that you fancy, is a bad thing, and would rather only be considered "hot" / "sexy"...

...

..

...Or are you perfectly OK with being called "cute" / "handsome" the majority of the time?

Please vote and elaborate. Remember that being called "cute" is purely based on physical appearance (not considering mannerisms / demeanor / personality).

Girls, please vote based on what you think the majority of guys think on this subject.

Thanks for your input, everyone. 8-)

• I like females to call me "cute"
  • I dislike female saying that I'm "cute"
You're right everyone..."cute" can mean different means.

I've learned something from all of you lol.

Thanks for answering. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Calling a guy cute to me a huge compliment it means that he is not only physically attractive but that his personality is sweet and caring. It means that you not only like his looks but him as a person as well! And handsome is always a good compliment it means that your cute and physically attractive but its better then hot because handsome means more gentlemanly, as opposed to hot which just mean attractiveness, handsome is about the whole package! and how you are as a man not just your physical apperance!

What Girls Said 7

• I call my boyfriend cute a lot and it always has good meaning to me. To me being hot is strictly related to looks so you could still be an a**hole even if you're hot. But being cute usually involves personality as well so it's a much higher compliment than just being hot. I know a lot of guys take being called cute as an insult but my boyfriend takes it as a compliment, as he should :)

• "Please vote and elaborate. Remember that being called "cute" is purely based on physical appearance (not considering mannerisms / demeanor / personality)." <--- Sorry but I disagree, people use the word however they use it, and it often includes personality. So if we were to exclude personality from your question then you wouldn't really get accurate results...

• Are you sure they mean cute ONLY appearance-wise? Because when a girl calls a guy cute it can have different connotations. There are tons of 'handsome' guys out there... but so what, they're just handsome, that doesn't mean their personality is any good. 'Cute' guys can have a nice face but also a good personality, he warms your heart.

• i don't call guys hot. beautiful or amazing.. rarely cute, cute is a good thing, its endearing but guys-like yourseldf- might take it the wrong way. cute doesn't mean I don't find him attractive--just means he's got an endearing personality too. . not hot. its cheap& doesn't convey what I mean.. I never mean 'hot' .. its pure lst& I'm never solely attracted to a guys body.,.

• Cute is good. Hot is lust. (this is either bad or good depending on circumstances.)

• If I were a guy I would like to be called "handsome" I think it is something that isn't used often and it's better than "hot" when I hear the word "hot" I think of Paris Hilton, and she is not "hot"

• cute is always good. :)

• i always tell a man that he's handsome so few girls use that now and yea I use cute sometimes but I prefer to compliment a man as handsome

What Guys Said 5

• When a girl tells me she likes me and or finds me cute , if its a girl I'm attracted to then I would take it as a compliment and probably would motivate me to even move things forward even faster.

Personally I'm okay with being called decent attractive but ill appreciate it if a girl calls me cute/handsome.

Cute means somewhat attractive, handsome means very attractive in my opinion.

Of course we all like to be called Hot/sexy/Beautiful/handsome,etc , but sometimes you gotta roll with the punches.

So to wrap it up, I don't personally mind or care if a girl calls me cute or not.

• honestly I don't read into it. I take it as a compliment and leave it at that.

• I don't mind it at all. Usually cute refers to your personality or quirks. Sexy or hot refers to your body.

• I consider it a potentially good thing but I don't usually believe a word of it.

• Yeah. It's cool if she calls me cute AFTER we've started doing it. But before, it's definitely better to be called hot!