Does anybody actually look in the mirror satisfied?

I'm sure it's not just me that feels this way. Every time I look in a mirror, I can't help but try and pick apart every feature of mine. Or even worse is when I see myself in pictures I can't help but notice all 1000 things that could be wrong.

Who else is guilty of being their own worst critic?

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends, but I do think that we are often WAY too harsh on ourselves. Recognizing things we want to change is healthy, criticizing ourselves is not.

I know I go against societal norms, but I actually do look at myself most days and like how I look. Most days I don't care if I'm not the perfect weight, or that my boobs aren't perfect, or that my bum is ginormous lol. I know I have to live with myself and I would rather sit and think about what I can do to make myself look better to myself than sit and think about how all the small awful features on me just look... well, awful.

• Whats your secret? lol

And not having a "ginormous bum" is likely a positive :D

• Oh I misread sorry

I'm sure it can't be that bad. I'm sure Kain approves :D

Being kind to myself is easier said than done. I'm definitely a lot kinder than I was years ago, but I still have to work on my self esteem. I think that your attitude is the right one though :)

• Its not bad, I love it.

What Girls Said 12

• it varies,sometimes I look in the mirror and think ''how is it possible to be this ugly?'' and sometimes I look in the mirror and think link

• There will always be something I wanna change about myself, so no. But I know I'm not ugly and that I could look worse [= So I do look on the positive side.

• I don't think I've ever been satisfied when I looked in the mirror, at least not to my recollection. My flaws more than overshadow any good features I may have.

• I agree I'm never satisfied but some days are worse than others. It probably has more to do with my attitude than anything. If I'm already in a down mood, then reflective surfaces are the devil!

I still think you're cute though :D

• I like what I see when I look in the mirror. I think I'm pretty and people agree.

• Depends if its full length or just shoulders up.

There are defiantly times I look and instantly duck back out of it.

More often than that I just smile at myself and approve. :)

• i've never been satisfied 100% when I look haha.. I'm very much so my own worst critic.. your not alone man.

• Same here. I hope it gets better...

But I hate taking photos of me or when my friends do it. I see way too many flaws and it makes me sad.

• I agree. I kind of cringe when I see that notification on Facebook "(person) has tagged you in a photo"

• Sometimes I just hate mirrors!

• I do the exact same thing! It's depressing

• Every once in a while I have days like that. Sometimes I like what I see, other times I don't care one way of the other. But when my skin is breaking out and has dry patches everywhere, I don't like what I see at all.

• It's funny that you'd mention that, because I just got done with an intense session of self hatred. Like, seriously, I just wrote down every single thing I hated about my physical appearance, in detail. It was long.

And WHY? Cause I'm f***ed in the head, that's why. It really sucks. :/ I can't really think of myself as attractive.

• I do that sometimes, too. I know it's totally self-destructive and awful, but I just can't help myself.

• Before asking this question I had too. Hence why I asked the question :)

• It depends on my mood and what I'm wearing. Sometimes I'm like "ughhhh I wish I was prettier!" and other days I'm like "dayum, I look hot!". It's a mix. :)

What Guys Said 15

• I've learned to just say f*** it and deal with it when I don't like something I see on my face or whatever, I think acceptance is half the battle

• Well I'm mildly satisfied when I look in the mirror haha. I think I have pretty stunning eyes, as I've been told also, I think they are a little too big though haha, I like the greenish color. I also have long ass eye lashes, they don't really show that well in photo's though, they are longer then a lot of girls haha. I think I have a pretty cool hair color, brown with silverish streaks in it. I have nice lips I guess? Lol. And my nose looks OK I guess? I'm fine with everything but my skin, it's too white and sometimes I break out abit, and as you can see in my photo my face looks red from it. I think I'd look amazing with a tan. Overall my facial features are pretty smooth and not out of purportion, so I guess I'm fine.

• Sometimes I do. Then other times I'm just like Oh God look away! I assume these types on insecurities aren't uncommon, and as long as one doesn't let them get them down TOO much, it's not that much of a problem.

• It's not really the mirror I have a problem with... It's how I look on camera, specifically photos!

• Ugh. I feel you, bro. On video or in the mirror I'm like, "Eh, not attractive but not awful", but in photos it's like "OMG WHAT IS THAT MONSTER?!?!?! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!"

• Hahah yeah, definitely can relate to that! I don't think I'm anyone's idea of perfection or anything, but I really think cameras DO add like 10 extra lbs... or something, lol. Otherwise, I'm fine with the way I look...

• It just how it often goes when you're younger. Not terribly fun is it.

• When I dress up like I am going to work, then yes. Other times, not at all.

• I think its more of a psychological thing rather then a material thing

Looking back I hated looking in mirrors. I would look and think no wonder I don't have any friends...

But now I look the same I did when I was younger and I can say I like looking in the mirror sometimes :)

• My response to my appearance is a pretty consistent "meh, whatever." No boogies sticking out and my fly is zipped up, then I'm doing well enough.

• When I look in the mirror it's not the reflection I'm thinking about. It's the idea that there may be other things on the other side of the mirror that aren't on this side. Something about them creeps me out.

• Nah, I'm good with what I see.

• No.

• I get pissed every time I look in the mirror lol

• So-so with me.

• when I m well slept, I give me a 8 lol but drunk, I give me a 5 :P

• sometimes I feel satisfied and sometimes I feel like I'm the ugliest creature alive.