If your girlfriend got a very serious illness, life threatening, low survival rate, would you stay with her?

I was just diagnosed with a rapidly spreading cancer that's in its final stage, I have about less than a year. I am worried my boyfriends will break up with me what would you do?

• Stay
  • Break Up No contact
  • Break up stay great friends

Most Helpful Guy

• Your first concern is to fight that cancer full throttle. But to answer your question, omg no I could never leave her when she needed me the most. That's the time to be there for someone you love or like very much, not leave them hanging and on their own. A guy that would do that would have to be the most horrible boyfriend ever. Good luck and I'm sure your boyfriend will stick by you.

What Guys Said 8

• Its kinda a shitty situation to be worrying about a date... you should be worrying about trying to beat the cancer and live your life to the fullest

• NO NEVER. WTF. Why would anyone break-up with you? I would totally be with you all the time and make sure your days are awesome and that you don't feel down for a moment. I am so sorry for you. Your question did shock me for a second - you are so young and you are so ill. Live life to the fullest.

• Stay. A boyfriend is not only a romantic connection, he is a friend connection. Any human being, with any sense of compassion, would like to be of any assistance to someone they feel close to. A true friend would do that. Yahoo had an article: "True Friend vs. Good Friend". A true friend stands by your side no matter what. At the altar, the priest asks the groom - "...in sickness and in health", and his being a boyfriend is preparing him for this role. If he can't handle this now, he should just stay alone and not mess up someone's life.

• I would stay with you until the very end. But I'd also be doing my damndest to try and help you fight it off.

• I had a friend die when she was 17. I know it's hard, but the worse part was that she never told anyone she had cancer. Me, and about 70 other people at her wake were absolutely devastated. She took this to the grave while I listened to her mother tell me that she'd always say "I have no friends".

Her mom cried so hard I couldn't hold back. I hated myself for not doing more, but in many ways I couldn't because she couldn't reach out under her circumstances.

I know it's nice to have someone you care about with you. But make sure that you tell him that it's okay to move on (no matter how serious it is) as this is the "right move" on YOUR part. The "right move" on his part, after you tell him this, is that he won't move on.

If it works like I told you it will, he's a good guy. And you should be proud you picked him out.

• Of course I would stay that is what should be done of course I would do anything for my girl I was even asked if when I had a boner have a glass rod shoved in my penis and then shattered Well I would do that just to put a smile on her face if she was sad that is how much I care for my girlfriend so yes I would even marry her before she passed and I would not re marry and this is the honest to god truth.

• I would be there for her for anything, anytime...day or night, anything they needed!

Be strong, everybody here is pulling for you!

• Well I would try to stay with you for most of the time and wouldn't leave you and would try to make your last few years ok earth as memorable as possible.

What Girls Said 3

• If he is a good person he will stay with you as long as it takes. And I'm sorry to hear what's happening to you. God is always with you hun.

and if he breaks up with you, it doesn't matter, all you need is your family and your closest friends. =] Good Luck!

• I agree. and God is with you and we will all be praying for you : )

best of luck <3

• if he is a good boyfriend and truly cares for you he will always be there :)

and I am very sorry. god blessnyou and know you are in everyones prayers

• I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. If there is no more treatment you can have, you need to concentrate on doing all the things you want to do, and hopefully will be surrounded by family, good friends and your boyfriend. It can be very hard for people to know what to do and say in your situation, so please don't be upset if at first people don't know how to react and some may even distance themselves from you a little to save their own pain. Seems selfish I know, but not everyone can deal with that stuff. Be kind to yourself, and surround yourself with positive people who love and support you...I truly hope this includes your boyfriend.