Does everyone get stretch marks when they're pregnant?

I'm trying to get pregnant. I seem to get stretch marks fairly easily, and I'm very fearful I will look a mess of stretch marks when I'm pregnant. Is there anything I can start doing now to prevent getting them when I get pregnant?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the level of elasticity of your skin; some women (like my mother) didn't get any stretch marks when pregnant while many others have. So, it is really subjective but there are special creams and stuff that can help increase your skin's elasticity and therefore reduces the stretching that can happen. Talk to your doctor and let him/her prescribe it for you.

What Guys Said 2

• > I'm trying to get pregnant.

Oh! Oh! I know how! I know how!

> I seem to get stretch marks fairly easily

That I don't know. What are they again?

> I'm very fearful I will look a mess of stretch marks when I'm pregnant.

If you could choose between these alleged and largely mythical "stretch" marks and the scars I've had from all my surgery, you would realize how good you have it.

• My S.O. has stretch marks from a pregnancy and I am fine with them. :)

What Girls Said 4

• I was 22 when I got pregnant. I have NO stretch marks anywhere. So your youth will be working for you. BUT try not to gain a ton of weight, that will lead to stretch marks. Eat healthy and your OB will go over what is a healthy weight gain for you. Too much weight gain can cause more stretch marks. And use lotion on the areas that are prone to stretch marks. Lotion, lotion, lotion.

• yes got

• coco butter lotion works well and they also make strech mark lotions too

• Not everyone does but if you already seem to get them easily that is a pretty good indicator that you will get them. Keep you skin moisturized with bio oil, or vitamin e, or cocoa butter and start from day one that you know you are pregnant not when you start to notice them starting.