Is my belly piercing infected?

I pierced my belly on a Monday its now Friday and it itches a lot.When I clean it I get a mild pain for a couple of seconds.Also I get a little bit of yellow stuff in the bottom part of the pircing but just a little bit. It doesn't hurt tho, I also clean it with dove soap and water.I got the piercing at the swatmeet and I girl pirced it at school .

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds relatively normal. The itching means it's healing. The "yellow stuff" CAN be a sign of an infection, but it's generally normal for a piercing to secrete liquidy stuff. Don't use soap and water - get a hot cup of water, put salt in it and press the cup to your belly and lay down (keeping the liquid trapped against your stomach). Or just buy a saline solution - it's super cheap. Soap doesn't have the antiseptic qualities necessary. The pain is also normal. Provided it isn't excessive and there is no inflammation or unnatural swelling, you should be fine in two weeks or so :)

• How much is the saline solution and where can I get it

• Pharmacy or supermarket. In Aus it's about $5. In the US it's probably cheaper.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes it's infected, and given it's hard to kep clean, go to a doctor before it gets bad.

What Girls Said 4

• Oh god, probably since you didn't get a professional to do it. You really need to get it checked. Keep it clean! Always! Mine use to itch a lot and I would have some minor discharge in the beginning but it went away the more I kept it clean. I also got spray that helped it heal from the person who did it (a professional). You need to use salt water instead of regular water.

• Usually any sort of discharge means it's infected, but it should go away if you keep cleaning it. I wouldn't use soap though, it leaves residue and you probably shouldn't get it in your piercing while it's still fresh. Dab a cotton ball in peroxide or rubbing alcohol, it might hurt but it helps a lot.

• Just keep cleaning it. Mine was like that at first. It's because the skin is really tender in that area. It take a couple months for it to completely heal.

• it might be but my advice would be clean it with salt water rather than soap salt water heals it and when it itches it means that its healing that's all but the yellow stuff I'm not too sure