Why do girls wear Uggs?

I think the real reason is because they are worn by almost every girl, and girls wear them because it is the cool thing to do. I never understood how those ugly boots became so popular. There is nothing nice about them. Now this is all I see in fall and winter. What is even worse is when they wear them with sweatpants tucked in. Whenever I see girls wearing Uggs (especially a group and they all have them on) I think they are zombies who have no fashion sense of their own, and are people who will wear something so ugly just to fit in.

Please do not say you wear them because they are warm, there are plenty other warm boots that look nice, and are comfortable.

Most Helpful Girl

• This question has been asked 10,000 times already please use the search button and you will find more than 100 reasons why girls wear Uggs.

What Girls Said 11

• I don't wear them nor will I ever wear them. The name UGGS suit them since they're ugly and look like slippers.

• I wear them because they are comfortable, and they grew on me (I use to think they looked silly too), they are warm too. I don't know any other boot that is as warm as them. There is no equal boot that is as warm.

I wear my pants over them, and I have them in black. I would like to get these though, link They look more fashionable.

• They're comfortable

It's funny how everyone is following the trend of 'hating' Uggs. It all has to do with the price lmao cause I sure as hell don't see anyone criticizing the cheap knockoffs Emu or Bearpaw

Nah, I got my own fashion sense, I just realize school is for learning, not fashion :)

• I've never heard of the brands Emu or Bearpaw until I read your answer. I looked them up and think they look just as bad as Uggs do. If you like them then whatever, I don't care, but my dislike of the boots has nothing to do with the price.

• Ive heard of EMU before... to be honest the price doesn't bother me like, I'm happy to spend that amount of money on them, my ones have lastest well over a year so far! x

• I do not like any type of sheepskin boots. I have seen these other brands and they all look ugly. If you wear them that's fine, I won't judge you I just think they are unfeminine, and look like caveman boots.

• they're comfy and I think they're cute. Not gonna stop wearing them

• I never understood what was cute about them. They are so unfemenine. Their is nothing girlie about them, they look like something a caveman skinned.

• I wear ugg boots because they are warm and comfortable... I like the style, the color and they are easy to wear... I can wear them with a lot of things and in the winter they are great!

Im the only one out of my group of friends to wear them, and honestly I couldn't care less if they are in fashion or not...

I only wear them on a casual basis... I wouldn't wear them on a date or anything like that, but they are practical...

• I can understand how they are warm, but there are other warm and comfy boots also. I don't understand what about the style girls like. I can't wear Uggs becuase I'm a guy, but If I could wear them I would rather lose my feet to frost bite.

• If you wear them for pracitcality, that is fine. I'm sure they are comfy, and warm, and I would probably like them if I wore them lol, but I never would. I'm glad you don't think they are flattering on anyone. It is these people who think they are so cute and wear them for style that I don't understand. Some girls wear them even with shorts in the summer, I don't know if they do that where you are from.

• Yeah, I've seen people wearing them with tracksuits... and erm, maybe pyjama's hahaha! I just wearing em with pants... simple haha! x

• i think they are the ugliest boots ever lol, I would never own or wear a pair of them, people have tried to buy them for me, ewww I willl nott, I'm not into what everyone elseis wearing or doing, I am my own person (:

• *fistbump* Nice to find someone who agrees.

• I think theyre cute. :O

• they comfy and easy to wear.

• I don't wear Uggs, I think they are ugly.

• I don't wear Uggs, they were cute for about a second, but that's it!

What Guys Said 1

• I like 'em. Makes me feel like a Viking conqueror when I encounter a chick in Uggs