Can someone explain bra sizes to me?

I have wore the same size of bra since high school...now it seems suddenly, I need a bigger one and my mom isn't around to help me like she was in high school, she lives far away. Well, I get that the number is right if the part in the front touches between the boobs at the bottom...and that is right, but somehow my actual boobs don't fit in the cups anymore. So do I need to move up a cup size and stay at the same number?

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to go get measured. They do this at Victoria's Secret or other places that they sell bras. It sounds like you do need to go down a size. If how it wraps around you is fine and not tighter/looser than the number is fine.

• My boobs are too big for the cups. They pop out on the sides and end up in the middle, too.

• That's why you need to go down in bra size, meaning from an A to a B. You wouldn't go up because that would be from a B to an A...

What Guys Said 1

• Doesn't the number refer to the span of the back strap? I think I heard that somewhere before...

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah it sounds like you need to move up a cup size, but the best thing to do is go get measured.. its quick and easy, plus ull find the best bra instead of guessing! x