Ladies, be honest: are you less willing to date a fat guy than a man who is physically fit?

be real and don't lie on this...

Most Helpful Girl

• Less likely, just because I want to know my man is healthy, and he is going to be around for a long time. If you can't even take care of yourself, how are you gonna take care of me? How are you going to raise a family? Are you going to be alive to watch your own children grow up? Besides, if you can't take care of your own body, that's just showing that you are irresponsible. Nobody wants to be with an irresponsible, lazy guy.

What Girls Said 10

• Funny you mention John Goodman...I had such the crush on him for awhile there. He has this sweet genuine smile, and just seems like such a down to earth chill guy who could crack me up. I guess my answer is obvious then..but yeah, I've dated guys both who are overweight and fit, but when it comes to preference, I like something inbetween...

But say I did fall for a guy who was overweight, I would be concerned for his health and see about encouraging him to live a healthier lifestyle...not cause Id be ashamed of his weight, just that Id want him to be around for as long as possible. I could not, however, stand being with a guy who lived in the gym. Been there, done that, got the muscle shirt and food scale. Blah.

• In my opinion, it depends on just how big they are. If by fat you mean slightly overweight/podgy or whatever, then I don't care at all and I would be just as willing to date them as a physically fit man. But if you mean fat like as in morbidly obese, I would be a lot less willing. That's just my honest opinion, I'm sure other people think differently. There has to be some sort of physical attraction to someone you're dating, and I personally don't find larger men attractive. And I know, personality is the most important thing blah blah blah, but it's not ALL personality. Sorry if I've offended anyone.

• no it personally doesn't matter to me what size someone is. I'm a bigger girl so I know what it feels like to know that someone is only paying attention to your size and not your personality. it seems like everybody these days are too focused on looks instead of other attrubites like personality. sometimes you have to look past the way someone looks and get to know them as a person before you make a judgement. I would rather go out with a sweet respectful so called fat guy then a perfect adonis who is an a**hole. I'm not saying that all bigger guys are nice and all physically fit ones are asses what I'm saying is personality is way more important then looks

• Ur rite on wen ya said that society is too focused on the outside... that's why lotsa people end up unfufilled in relationships- they get with folk that are all kinds of wrong for them, usually it's based on looks and money... wenya do that, ur just asking for drama

• depends on what you consider fat. if you mean thick yes, you know, like chubby... if you mean 5 chins and hasn't seen his feet since 5th grade. no.

• i'd rather have a cuddly guy than one that works out alot. though a chubby fit one would be the best.

• Yes

• Definitely less likely.

• I would. I hate those fit muscular men. I think that's so gross. Nothing to hug lol

• I'm sorry but I just don't find fat guys attractive. I'd rather have 'em skinny than fat. If they had an overwhelmingly awesome personality then I could get over size but I've never ever in my life felt attracted to a fat guy.

• Yes and no.

It depends on "how" fat we're talking. I like guys that are kinda chubby but not someone who is more than moderately overweight. It's just not as attractive as a decently kept body. A guy doesn't have to live in the gym, but he should take care of himself. If I work to keep my body looking a certain way, why would I date someone who doesn't care about his appearance? Personality can only take you so far, you have to be attractive to the person. Guys are the same way so I don't feel bad.

• Ditto! I don't even have to answer, I agree with what you said completely. =)

What Guys Said 1

• You know the answer to this is yes.

Big people have the decked stacked against them, whether it's fair on not. Size may not be a dealbreaker for every girl, but it's a factor for most girls. And guys.