What do you think of beautiful girls thinking they're ugly?

why do you think they think that way?

do you think they do it to get attention?

do you think they are fishing for compliments?

what if a not so attractive girl would say she's ugly? is it annoying too? or is it more annoying when a pretty girl says it?
just because the girl is attractive its more annoying? seriously?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's understandable.

The media shows women unattainably "perfect," so when even an attractive girl sees it, she can be brainwashed into thinking she's ugly. It's to the point where it doesn't matter what you look like or even how other people see you. Anyone can think they're ugly. It's comparable to body dysmorphia in eating disorders. The skinniest girls can look in the mirror and see something totally different.

Sure, sometimes people put themselves down in front of others for attention or compliments, but I prefer not to assume that. I compliment freely. Besides, if they really want it that bad and it makes them feel better, why wouldn't I? It takes two seconds, and what they do with it is their business.

What Guys Said 9

• They got some low self esteem. Half the time, anyway. You can usually tell when someone is legit upset about their looks vs. fishing for compliments.

• I let it go over my head and ignore it. Not gonna give her the pleasure of a compliment in that case.

• It's unattractive and makes them no longer beautiful.

• It's annoying. They know what they are, even if they have legit self esteem issues or are fishing for compliments.

• It's annoying

• It's like so annoying.

• So damn annoying.

• It's annoying.

• Beautiful women are always comparing themselves to more beautiful women and uglier women are always comparing themselves to beautiful women..it's all about who's better looking that's why they say "am I fat" or.."do I have too much makeup on"

What Girls Said 12

• Insecurity. Yes, they may be fishing for compliments. But some women no matter how beautiful, will sometimes think they are ugly or think that some feature of theirs is ugly. I don't think it's pathetic, it's sad. Even when not so attractive girls think they're ugly, it's just sad.

• I think are a variety of reasons behind it. Some females may have been verbally abused. Some may not feel beautiful becasue they are just insecure about how they look and constantly comparing themselves to others. Not all women will go around saying how they are ugly and picking at their flaws. Someone who is "truly" insecure will hide their insecurities. Those who talk about it are usually insecure, but I do believe they are fishing for compliments because it boosts their self-esteem which may be a turn off to a guy.

• I think despite how actually pretty or ugly a person is calling themselves ugly in public is just annoying and appears attention seeking and insecure. There is a huge difference between making it very public that you think you are ugly then when someone tells you that you are beautiful and you don't agree, I don't think anyone should think they are ugly though.

• If someone thinks they are ugly they either have low self esteem and believe it or want someone to tell them they are not ugly.

• Insecurity...

• my boyfriend thinks I'm gorgeous and beautiful but I have never felt that ever. its not that I'm fishing for compliments I just don't believe him.

• i think its freaking annoying when they fish for compliments its like shut the f**k up already

• I think it depends. Some definitely are fishing for compliments which leads to the assumption that she is either insecure or has a big ego or maybe a need for validation.

Generally, anyone who searches for compliments is insecure and seeking some sort of emotional/mental fulfillment.

Some may not even know they are attractive perhaps they were mistreated which can lead to a low self esteem.

• I mean depends on the person. Some people do believe they aren't beautiful because they are either too critical about themselves or have had people tell them that they aren't and lowered their self esteem.

I believe everyone has their own taste and some people maybe be beautiful to some but not others.

Some do it for attention. but I say, why not just ask instead of putting yourself down. lol.

If a girl who is unattractive says she's ugly - best not to say anything. hahah.

• I think I'm not that good looking (and my boyfriend says differently). I am like that because of they way It's been. No one has said I was pretty or beautiful or anything, and if anything I would hear the opposite. That's the only reason I think differently of myself, It's not for compliments or anything even though I do like them (I don't get them very often also so that could play a factor too).

• One of these two options:

1- They are very insecure. Yes, beautiful girls can be insecure too because it is a state of mind.

2- They like to be the center of attention and are basically fishing for compliments.

It is annoying either way.

• It is more annoying when a pretty girl says it because an ugly girl can be insecure but is not fishing for compliments. Number #2 is very annoying.

• When are fishing for compliments, it means you don't respect the intelligence of other people. You are manipulating others so they can lavish you with sweet words. It is very annoying and I heard that from guys.

• 99% of the time they are fishing for compliments.

the other 1% is where people have called them ugly and made fun of them and they believed it.

• @ update, it's less annoying because she's average and nothing special to look at.