Why do women like guys that have all of their muscles exposed?

Why do women like guys that have all of their muscles exposed? I don't look like I'm in shape, but I can still take down my friend that looks stronger then me. It puzzles me.

What if the guy is slightly over weight, due to medical reasons? Some people do not know that being over weight is not entirely their fault, Some had to be over weight to save their lives.
To explain, I had a heart condition called tachycardia. The link provided gives details. In short, my heart was to big for my tiny body. I was 6 or 7 when it presented it self, and I had constant chest pains.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think most girls do matter to them big muscles? What's with that anyway...would I like a guy who his shape scares me or stuff like that? I don't think so.

And being fat for medical reason isn't a crime..and some girls really don't care about body shape at all...the most important thing is your personality.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think there's anything wrong with being a little overweight- I think it has more to do with your own perception. "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt

It really sounds like something you're self conscious about. Have you spoke to your doctor about helping you with a fitness regime or eating plan? I'm not suggesting you need to lose weight or even do anything rigorous, but even regular walks, even if short, are good for your body and overall health. There are many foods you can also incorporate into your diet if you aren't already, that are good for the heart: salmon, oatmeal, spinach to name a few. I understand your weight may be due to a medical condition, but you can't use that as a crutch. Basically I don't want you saying, well I'm already overweight so 2 more slices of pizza won't matter or I won't go for a walk because it won't make a difference. You know?

At any rate, I think people who exude confidence (not in a cocky way) are attractive. That's something that has nothing to do with physical appearance. Love yourself and others will too :)

• I do, I try to swim ever morning. I used to swim for my high school and for a private club, so I don't just sit around all day. Swimming helped my confidence in my self, cause I was a bit big. but I could still almost get a state time.

• That's awesome! Keep at it since it's something that makes you feel good about yourself :)

• Its because (well, my point of view) that guys who have muscles may be more threatening and since I'm a very dominant person, a threat is interesting...that and it's amusing when a guy's shoulder blades move...AND YOU ARE NOT FAT!!!

• Honestly I don't agree with you not many woman care as long as your not over weight to be toned is a plus but big muscles here there and everywhere turns me off big time!!

• I'm not big on muscles, but a guy who takes care of his body is attractive. Back in the days of dating though I would never not date someone based on lack of muscles.

• Because it's not only men who are visually stimulated. It goes both ways. Like all women does not look like replicas of Pamela Anderson, even though the average man probably would prefer her for sex. Because it's alluring. Also think that your friend invest in his look/body, which makes him seem more "groomed", biologically that is. Sorry.

• Well, I have never heard of being overweight to save your life?! In fact it lowers lifespan to even be slightly overweight, so please do explain?

• You don't exactly have to be muscular. Like I think its hot when someone is muscular, but if there not its okay as long as they treat me right.

What Guys Said 1

• the same reason boys like it when girls wear miniskirts and low cut tops ;) lol