How to tell if you're intimidating or unattractive?

I've been reading up on past questions and answers on pretty girls who can't get a date because apparently they are a little intimidating because of their beautiful which causes some guys to not approach them or ask them out...probably think they are already taken, probably not down to earth, stuck up, out of their 'league', etc

i would like to know how specifically can you tell if you are just plan widely unattractive or so attractive that you intimidate some people. is it mainly just being checked out/stared at without any approaches? is it people just telling you flat out? is it being constantly rejected either passively or assertively?

is the intimidation thing only towards beautiful females? is it possible for girls to be intimidated by good looking guys?

is physical attraction really subjective to you?

reason I'm asking this is because I have no clue where I stand, I can't tell if I'm just plain ugly to girls or maybe they think I'm taken or something? what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hard to answer this question not knowing what you look like. You should have some sense as to whether you're extremely good looking. Does anyone complement you on your looks in passing? Maybe ask some female friends.

Absolutely, the intimidating thing applies towards beautiful men as well, at least for me (I am shy/sensitive). I just figure he's probably taken or wouldn't be good enough for him and don't want to put myself out there because there's a stronger risk of rejection. In which case, if you are that guy and you like someone, you might have to work harder to communicate attraction instead of mere friendliness.

Mostly I think physical attractiveness is subjective but I do think there are some people who are sort of empirically good looking.

So yeah, you might try asking people who know you what they think.

What Girls Said 4

• All I know is all through out high school, people would tell me I was beautiful, yet I always had a hard time getting boyfriends. I am tall (5'11) and that probably adds to the intimidation factor.

• People flat out telling you that you're ugly especially if it's someone close to you. It gets ingrained into your mind and you believe just because that persons' opinion matters to you. - I'm just speaking from experience.

Intimidation can be towards anyone for whatever reason.

Yes, physical attraction is subjective to me.

• Personally I think the theory is silly. It doesn't matter if your the most beautiful woman in the world or a troll, you're not going to meet anyone by just standing around hoping for some one to talk to you. You have to be aggressive...socially! not physically! Lol!

• I got so Imodium by guys I think that I would have no chance..But so I just keep on being friendly to the guy and see what happens

What Guys Said 1

• I can't tell either, and I did an experiment to prove it

link