Appropriate for a formal holiday party?

Holiday party for bar association..I'm a legal intern. How much skin is appropriate? How short/low cut is okay for a dress? And what kind of sleeves?

Okay I got a dress. it is black and fitted but a very formal material. It goes up to my knee and it has a thick shoulder strap. It is not low cut. The material is very plain, classy, and all one shade and color. No designs on it. Good?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say a one shoulder somewhat fitted dress would be perfect for the event. Or if one shoulder dresses aren't your thing, a three quarter sleeve dress with a high neckline and scooped back would be gorgeous.

I'm on my iPod right now so I can't post a link, but I know forever 21, delias, and express will all have a great selection.

Just keep in mind when you're choosing a dress that it should be classy and professional, but still flattering. You don't want your boss to think he hired an old grandma :)

Hope this helped!

What Guys Said 3

• You are in a professional position and you want to be sure people see you that way. Too much skin may give the wrong impression. Also you want to look classy so choose wisely.

• Honestly this question works a lot better with a pic. Leave off your face if you're uncomfortable. The sight is anonymous anyway.

• I'd say nothing shorter than the knee and keep the neckline pretty high. That way you can stay classy yet, cute at the same time.

• Keep in mind I WANTED to say short tight and low cut but..I realize it was a party that work was throwing, need to keep it classy :P

What Girls Said 2

• I'd say barely above the knees is proper for a holiday party for your job. Nothing too cleavage showing. As for straps, I'd go with ones that are about an inch. I don't see a problem with strapless but since you're an intern and I'm sure want to impress these people I'd say its better to cover up and be safe than sorry.

• Yeah it sounds perfect! Now just make sure you style it right and you'll be good to go :)

• It is off the shoulder on one side. But not low cut