Girls, is it just me or do we look (or think we look) less attractive when we are about to have our period?

Sorry if this is a disgusting topic lol. I'm just curious because I think I look less attractive when I'm about to get my period. Maybe its part of PMS?

• Yes I do
    89% (8)0% (0)67% (8)Vote
  • No I don't
    11% (1)100% (3)33% (4)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
6|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I look tired, pale, bloated and my terrible mood shows up on my face. It is a solid yes!

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Apparently there's some scientific research suggesting women dress sluttier when they're ovulating. Maybe that's part of it - you feel less attractive, and therefore put more effort into looking sexy?

0|0
    0|0
    • Menstruation and ovulation are not the same. Ovulation happens 1-2 weeks after a girl is on her period, and is actually when she's most attractive to men because it's the easiest time for her to get pregnant.

• Show All
    • "Before" menstruation refers to 1 week to a few days before our period. Ovulation which happens 1-2 weeks AFTER menstruation is far from being before menstruation.

• I thought it was a menstrual *cycle*, so 2 weeks after and 2 weeks before are the same thing? Obviously not the same as a few days before though. Anyway, I wasn't arguing - just saying...

What Girls Said 5

• you may actually look different physically before your period. hormonal shifts affect skin, eyes, weight, hair,.. energy.. etc. it may not be your imagination.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always thought women might be more attractive on their period, since they're probably given off pheromones and stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends some times I think I look a lot better...

but soon as I get it I'm luck f*** looking good, sweats it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • i always have guys more attracted to me when I'm on my period, its the strangest thing

0|0
    0|0
    • lol I agree that IS strange!

• I have a really weird, semi-period since I've been on Depo but when I got a regular period, I would feel disgusting right before and during. Likeee, my skin would break out, I'd bloat up like a balloon, and just feel generally sh*tty. And my mood would be so terrible, I'd be super irritable and cry at EVERYTHING -- stupid ass commercials, cheesy love songs. Ugh. I don't miss that.

2|0
    1|0