Why are Uggs so popular?

I know this has been aksed, before, but I'm going to ask again. I never understood their popularity. I'm not bashing them, I just don't get why it seems like so many girls wear them. They are ugly and unfemenine. Is it just becuase they are popular and people wear them to say they have a name brand, and to fit in.

Where I live that is really all I see this time of year, even some guys wear Uggs where I live. I was even thinking of getting a pair of the mens classic boots, becuase I need a pair of winter boots, and I'm guessing they are warm. Are they worth the money, why are they so popular? I don't understand what is so special about them.

Most Helpful Girl

• they're ridiculously comfortable and warm, and they last forever. I never would have bought a pair, but my aunt gave me some for Christmas one year and I actually really liked them.

• and yeah, they are worth the money, if you like them. go try a pair out and see for yourself.

• I didn't think they coul dget wet. I think I would wear them with my pants tucked in, becuase I think it looks better. Thanks for the advice =)

• I tried them and I love them. I brought them in Chestnut. They are so comfortable, I know why you like them. I don't think they look that bad either. I'm going to wear them with my pants tucked in. I finally see why they are so popular.

What Girls Said 9

• I don't think they are worth the money, I feel like people where uggs just so that they can follow the trend that's going on because if you don't you are llikely to have uggs. I don't think that the uggs are worth buying because there are many boots in the world that are just as warm, cute and comfrotable as the uggs.

• tbh I wanted them in junior high (aka peer pressure, no self thought time) but then I didn't get them for Christmas and the fad effect went away. The glitter surronding mostly the people wearing them wore off and I got Keds :)

My kinda shoes.

So to answer your question most people get them as a fad but some get them for practicality and hey they are kinda cute.

• I've asked this before and never got an answer so I'm going to ask you and hopefully you reply

Uggs is just a brand. They have many styles, other brands also have the same style. Nothing about Uggs stands out because like I said, there are so many boots out there that are similar. Now when you say you hate Uggs, are you talking about the brand specifically? or are you talking about all boots that are similar in style? if that's the case, you can't say you hate Uggs now can you? You'd have to say you hate all the boots.

• I do not hate them. I just said they were ugly. I asked this becuase I'm curious why they are popular, and I actually thinking about buying a pair of the men's classic short Uggs (the Ugg Australia ones) and If I like them I will get them. I've heard they are so warm and comfy.

• I think the style in generalal is ugly. I know Ugg is a brand name. But with how warm and comfortable I hear they are, it could probbaly make up for how they look. What is your opinion of Uggs. Do you have any or like them?

• I found you! I found the person who recognizes that it's a brand name!

• Personally, I don't like them either. They're expensive, ugly, and fall apart easily in inclement weather. Every January I see tons of girls with completely destroyed Ugg boots because they just aren't made for that much snow. I hear they're warm, but so are all of my boots, none of which are Uggs.

• They're so warm and cozy :), I happen to actually like the style though, but these are my absolute favs that I wear link

• stick. your. foot. in. one. you will then understand the meaning of life.

• *i mean that they're amazingly comfortable.

to prove that they're not always worn to be a 'fashion statement' : I wear them around the house with my sweatpants and long sleeved tshirts. . . like my cats judge me on my clothes ha ha :P

• DO IT! you won't regret it haha

• I tried them on at the mall and I love them. They are so comfy and warm. I brought the classic short in Chestnut. I don't want to take them off my feet, no wonder why you grils love your Uggs.

• They're comfortable.

• i hate them, but when its freezing out I careless about how I look and more about how cold I am. uggs keep my feet warm and are comfortable too

• every girl I've ever met does NOT buy them because they are popular and just to fit in, that's like someone starting to smoke just because they wanna feel cool and fit in, I admit I thought they were ugly too when they first came out like 5-6 years ago but they are a new addition to the list of best things ever invented because theyre perfect for cold weather, where I live on east coast winters are brutal here and when I was younger when ugg boots didn't exist I always had a hard time finding proper winter shoes sneakers werent good enough, I know there a lot of boots on the market but theyre more of a fashionable sense and have heels where you can slip on ice and in the snow, I couldn't find something that was more functional for snow and cold weather, and thick and cumfy and I tried uggs on and I was hooked. its like walking on marshmallows if you're a guy you should go to an ugg store and try on mens version and you'll be like dang these are the cumfiest shoes I ever set my feet in, and then there's no turning back.

uggs are purely for functional reasons, not fashion. every girl doesn't dress head to toe to please men not 24/7 at least. you gotta do what you gotta do to stay warm and comfortable.

• also I heard they were first invented for surfers in australia they were meant to be for the water, snow and slush.

• try it out! :)

• I went to the mall and tried them, and I loved them =). I got the Classic Short in Chestnut. No wonder why they are so popular.

What Guys Said 1

• guess it's the same reason as why I wear combats in winter hahha :D