Is it possible for your feet to shrink?

I used to wear a size 8, then a 7 1/2 and now I fit comfortably in a size 7. Shoes that used to be tight on me are now perfect. Can feet shrink? I didn't think that was possible..

Most Helpful Guy

• If your feet are shrinking you may have Myopthea. If so, you'll continue to get smaller and smaller until you eventually disappear altogether.

What Guys Said 7

• Many factors. Weather, weight, exercise can affect foot size. Different shoe companies use different sizes. My sneaker and dress shoe sizes are different.

• No... Although certain shoes vary in sizes. For I.e I used to wear a lot of globes and Es when I was younger and they tend to run smaller IMO. depends on the brand.

• It could be muscular atrophy in your feet. That usually happens when you either over-train those muscles or don't eat enough.

• Yes. Feet shrink and expand. It can be fat or accumulation of fluids.

• Yeah but that has normally only a temporary effect - like in warm environments for example

• My feet have definitely shrunk - and I haven't lost weight. I have to buy a size smaller shoe and socks. My feet started shrinking almost two years ago when I turned 50. Very strange!

• Not permanently.

• Your feet must be delicious now. Take a pic if you can. Don't worry shoe sizes vary from brand to brand one brand I'm 12 another I'm 13.

• Yeah but shoes that used to fit me don't anymore. How can that happen?

What Girls Said 6

• My feet have shrank exponentially from a woman's 6 to a kids 2. I'm only 27 and haven't gained or lost weight and my active life hasn't changed either. It's getting to be a problem being 5'7" tall, my balance has taken a nose dive with tiny feet. Any ideas on why this is happening? Special ordering heels is getting very expensive.

• Yes, in middle school I wore a size 9. I lost some weight and now I'm a 7.5.

• Did you lose weight? You would go down in shoe sizes that way. Other than that, probably not.

• It's posssible.

• this happened to me too! I think it's possible!

• If you've lost weight you may go down about a half size maybe a whole size depending on the brand and type of shoe.