Guys, where do you get your wallets?

My boyfriend wants a new wallet for Christmas and I have no idea where to get them.

He wants a black leather one that folds out into thirds (like it opens to a billfold and then there's a third compartment that flips out further) and says it doesn't have to be expensive or fancy.

Where would I go about finding this? Would my local mall (which is kinda upscale) have it?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you run across a store called Fossil, they sell nice leather wallets for relatively good prices.

• I got him a Fossil wallet that matched his description perfectly and was in my price range.

What Guys Said 8

• Any place that sells luggage would likely carry men's wallets. Unfortunately men's wallets are hard to shop for. It's hard to find a good selection and one's that are not complete crap.

I'm in love with my current wallet but it's falling apart. I've been looking for ages for a new one of the same design. It's the size of a credit card and does not unfold. It has a strong earth magnet built into the backside that your change sticks to. If anyone knows where I might find another one... let me know.

• Just about any store that carries men's clothes will also have wallets tucked away somewhere. Just about an ethnic clothing store will have imported ones that might have a greater variety of styles.

• I use a very small wallet with a money clip that goes in the front pocket. Not sure where you get them in US. I work and travel internationally and it is a good way to prevent pick pockets. Once you get used to it a guy will never go back to that wad of stuff on his ass.

• Day-Timers

• Lots of shops which sell luggage.

Leather shops also (you know, where you sisters go and hunt for your handbags)

Often, shops which sell smoker's accessories, or fountain pens.

• respectable department stores tend to have a good selection.

• macys

get him a tri-fold

• It's tough because if you buy him a wallet that's like $5 (not saying there is a wallet that cheap) or buy him one that's over $1000 (again, exaggerating), he may feel like 1. You don't care about him enough..or 2. You care about him too much. He should give you a spending limit so that you know how much you are allowed to spend. Even then, it's risky because sometimes, like with women, what we say, isn't always what we mean.

• That's a good point. Go for something between 50 and 100 bucks. Plenty of very nice things in that range. And don't worry too much, it will have a greater sentimental than monetary value to him.

What Girls Said 2

• I saw some really nice ones at Roots, they were real leather too.

link

Filson also has some good ones: link

Some of them can be pricey, but you could also try a place like Macy's or Sears, Target, JC Penny, any place that sells luggage/bags/purses would also have some leather wallets.

• department stores, like jc penny