How to get a job?

how do I get ajob, does it have to say help wanted or hiring to get ajob there? I'm looking to geta job at a restuarant near my house if not olive garden any ideas on what to do /say?

also do I apply as a busboy or a waiter, I've never worked ina restuarant I heard you start as a bussing but should I apply for that if I plan on moving u{P?

Most Helpful Girl

• have a nice neat hair cut. clean neat clothes. be polite. have a resume. be flexible with the hours you can work. have the name, phone number and addresses of three non-relative work references. a positive attitude goes far.

• What if I'm on bad terms with a boss I worked with for a long time? I've only had 2 jobs taht were not relative related one I'm on bad termwit

• Ther is usually a box to check if you do not want them to contact your past employers. refernces are usually a non relative friend or acquaintance they wan t to know about for some odd reason. maybe just to ask about your character and stuff.

What Girls Said 2

• go there and give the manager your resume.

• walk into the establishment of your choosing looking nice. you don't have to look formal, but wear khakis and a polo or something and ask to speak to the manager. tell them that you are interested in putting in an application if they are hiring.

• Alright I shouldnt call first and ask if they are hiring?

• You can do that too. I've always walked in and I've had good results. a lot of places do online hiring too

What Guys Said 2

• I made this video that may help you get a visual. Here's part one https://youtu.be/aFJWUY3qq7A

• Im sure this is wasting my time but ill try anyway lol Have you thought about going into the Marines ? that what I did when there wasnt any jobs . I sstay in for 4 year then got out and found a great job soon after.And being in the Marines they hired me because of that reason alone. If you don't like the Marines there's alway the Army AF if your smart enough or Navy too. Then there is alway school. Eather way good luck Ray Oh did I say that I got to travle around the world twice > ya it was so cool Simper Fi