What is your hair like?

what color is it? is it long or short? how long? is it coarse or fine? curly, straight, or wavy? natural hair color or colored? do you go to a salon or do your own hair? do you normally wear it up or down? how do you wish your hair was?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dirty blond ish, about 2 inches long at the moment. I get my hair cut at a cheap salon. I wish my hair were a little darker, more brown. I like the color it gets when wet.

My ideal girl would have gently wavy dark brown hair, down to her shoulder blades, parted no bangs :)

• link Lima&pic10= link like this? lol

• Haha wow thanks for BA that was unexpected :) This question actually inspired me to want to cut my own hair, but I'm too scared ha ha :P

Yeah, I suppose something like that... Those seem a little too "magazine" though, I prefer more down-to-earth, less spray... I'll PM you the perfect example (it's someone I know, don't wanna post her face all over the web lol)

What Guys Said 29

• It's brown, straight with a couple cowlicks, pretty short, and I wear it the same way I always have since childhood: parted on the right. No dye, I don't believe in those things.

• Color: Brown (neither dark nor light) with some spots of blond in the front. When it's it wet it looks black and when it's in the light it looks really light brown and almost copper looking.

Characteristics: Its really thick and straight and shiny. What's annoying is that I have a widows peak along with a huge cowlick in the front. Some people like it and say that it lends character to my hair. If I grow it out it starts turning in to a bowl cut. I keep it short and have never grown it out past the point of looking like a bowl cut.

• -Black- dark brown in summer

-short in girls terms I guess :D I consider it medium

-when it's longer it gets wavy , but at this length it's straight

-natural of course

-Sometimes salon , sometimes I do it myself

-pretty happy with my hair actually

lol ; and a picture without color ha ha :D

link

• ridiculously thick and wavy; changes color from dirty blond in the summer to red--ish blond in the winter (probably due to sun exposure.) its usually at a medium length unless I get to lazy to go to the barber.

• My hair is dark brown, really thick, and really course.

It's a lot shorter than in my picture, but it kind of works better that way.

My hair's kind of infuriating to work with, so I have to cut it and style it myself.

• It's coarse, thick and heavy. I always like to do my hair and kinda change it a bit everyday, but this kind or hair is very hard to control :( even when I leave it medium short. I wanted it to be thinner and easy-to-control badly :(. As a boy, I don't go to salon much... and pretty much do it myself. :)

• you can go to a salon just to get it thinned out with thinning shears it may make it more managable!

• yeah...that would cost and I'm having money problems.:( BUT that's the only way, so I'll do it :D.

• it really shouldn't cost much, if it does they are ripping you off!

• I know its a girlie question but I am in the mood of answering many questions so here it is:

My hair is coarse, naturally black and cut very short - I shave my head every month or so - not that I am balding, it is just that with the cold winter in Canada and all, short hair will not give you hat-hair every time you wear a toque (a toque is a knit hat in Canadian speak)

• Dark brown, currently wearing it longer than in my display picture. It's very thick and sometimes feel like hay. It's wavy and I like to keep it short so it doesn't curl.

I love my hair when I come out of the shower. Because of the hot water it gets straightened and looks just the way I like it.

I use conditioner every day to keep it soft and nice. I don't really know if this is an accurate description, but it forms strands when I don't.

• it's Middle eastern hair so it's black, short 2 inches, coarse,wavy. It's natural and I cut it myself I wear it up. all my wishes are fulfilled about myself :)!

• my hair is dark brown, short, and not straight but not nappy lol

• Brown, but sometimes they get reddish shades during the summer.

Short! Coarse. Wavy, not colored but gelled!

No, I don't cut them myself :D damn that would be insane, yes I go to see a hairdresser to cut them when they grow too long.

And I'm very happy about my hair, don't wanna change a thing.

• Short, thick, oily hair - like my display pic. It used to be a mohawk, but then my hair grew back again.

• Black, short, very thick, straight, natural, get mine cut at a barbers, wear it up half of the time and down the other half. I don't wish my hair was any way, I like it as is :)

• straight, black and grey/white depends on who is looking but the weird thing is that the white/gray hair started to appear when I was 9

• thats so odd, maybe its an odd genetic thing! did nyone else in your family have that?

• i don't think it matters too much, if it bothers you you can always color it

• quite a few my grandmother and a distant uncle, although I do not know if there are any test to see if it's a specific gene that causes that

• Dark brown a few gray hairs not enough gray for it to be easily noticible tho :<

Coarse and too thick

Wavy with some curls

I wish it wasn't as thick, but at least I'm not balding. So guess I ca't complain... ;d

• you can go to a cheaper salon and ask to get your hair thinned out with thinning shears, its not cutting your hair but it makes it more fine and managable! just an idea

• I look OK with a buzz cut, so I just do that every couple of months. Get a mate to cut it for free and get the expensive heavy duty hair products for when it's possible to style it again.

• Brown, long-medium length I guess, mostly straight but kind of wavy, fine, natural color with natural highlights, and I usually go to a salon. I like my hair the way it is, but I wish it were more manageable

• black and straight, gotta have it short- that;s the chinese

if you look at it under the sunlight you can see specks of red and blond hair, that's the irish

• dirty blond. I keep it buzzed to medium length. Natural color. I like my hair

• Brown. Short. Coarse. Curly. Natural. No

• Black

Short like 2 inches

Like inbetween not to thick or thin

Straight

Natural

Go to the barbers

Products I use are American Crew

• Black med. hair, very fine, straight, I wear it down, my bangs only go to the middle of my forehead.

• Dark brown/nearly black. Short. Was longer. Fine. Straight. Do my own. Down. Wish I could tie it up into a small ponytail seeing as how long it can get when it wants.

• its long and can be put in ponytail

• Dark Brown, about an inch short of my shoulders, a complete mess atm...Im growing it longer.

• Blonde, short, kinda like my avatar.

• My hair is black and normal and I wish that I had an afro

• Very dark brown, thick, wavy, shoulder length.

• straight tick short black hear that sometimes look purple in the sun.

• Naturally, I'm a blonde

Currently, it's a crew cut

If I said it in razor numbers, would you understand? A 1 on the sides and back and a 1 1/2 on top although it's probably grown about a 1/2 an inch since then

Naturally, it's wavy curly, but right now, since it's short, it's straight

Right now, it's in it's naturally TURNED color. I'm a dirty blond, however sometimes I do add color

I go to a place called Lady Janes

N/A

"perfect"

What Girls Said 68

• well I'm black, so its very very kinky/curly, afro hair. It's medium length, I guess. My hair shrinks up so its usually very full, poofy and slighter longer than shoulder length. It's longer when its straight but I only straighten it about once every few months or so.

its layered, not all one length. I've never dyed it. I wanted purple hair in high school but that was when I wore it straight. I think unnaturally colored hair + super kinky can easily cross from "eccentric and cool" to "you look like krusty the clown" lol so I avoid that. its very dark brown, almost black. red undertones in the sunlight, typical african American brown hair really.

i went to a salon a lot when I was younger but I've been doing my own hair, for the most part, since about junior year of high school or something. (I'm almost 22.) Like most black girls, I relied on the salon for a few years when I got relaxers to chemically straighten my hair. I go to the salon to get it trimmed, though.

Both - I wear it down a lot but I'm always online trying to find different hair styles for natural hair, to wear it up. In the winter I try to wear it up more often. Also, I put my hair in a beanie hat a lot in the winter. The weather is pretty drying on my hair

I'm obsessed with hair though. I'm always on hair forums, YouTube hair channels, etc. obsession!

and I'm getting a new flat iron for Christmas. I have one that works, but this one gets great reviews (sedu) and you know the routine: shiny new things distract me. and its pink! ^__^

• Straight, jet black, half my back down long, thick. I used to go to the salon a lot but I stopped and do my hair myself now and I also cut it myself, I always come back from the salon really disappointed so I decided I'd do it myself and I'm much better cause I know what I want :D I normally wear it down but I also wear it up sometimes, depends on the time of day and outfit. I wish my hair was just was it is, I love my hair and wouldn't have wished for any other type or color it fits me perfectly :D

• Mine's medium-brown more than anything. If I spend enough time in the sunlight (I'm talking like all day direct exposure) then I get some pretty wicked blonde-ish highlights mixed in. But I have an undertone of amber/copper since my heritage is mostly Scottish. It's fairly long, and just crazy thick. Naturally it has a bit of a wave to it, but in places that have really good humidity (or just basic humidity I think, since where I live is one of the driest cities in my country) it gets a really nice soft curl to it - which is how I wish it was all the time.

• Jet black. Coarse. Curly. It is natural color/texture. Since my hair is curly it appears to be short, when stretched it is shoulder length.

I go to the salon mostly, but at times I do my own hair. I like my hair the way it is, I just wish the length was more visible. (I do not like perms, I won't chemically straighten my hair.)

• Uhm I have blond hair that touches the end of zeee breasts, it's pretty coarse, wavy, highlighted. Tends to go fluffy if I don't straighten it (and no cute bunny fluffy, I'm talking no no fluffy). I just go to the salon every 3 months or so to get it cut or thinned out. Or highlighted, depending on my mood. I wear it down usually but I like my hair. I wouldn't wanna change it.

• What color is it? -Naturally, it's dirty blonde/medium-light brown and golden in the summer. But, I dye my hair, currently I have dark hair (dark dark chocolate brown) and I have a massive statement blond fringe, and blond strips underneath.

Long or short? - I'm in the middle of growing it out but I guess it's getting long now :) About half way down my upper arm at the back (it's shaped)

Corse or fine? -Very fine and thin.

Curly, straight or wavy? - Straight.

Natural or dyed? - Dyed.

Salon or home? -My friend is a hairdresser, she does it for me for a much cheaper price!

Up or down? -Down for general life, but I'm required to tie it up into a ponytail for work.

How do you wish your hair was? - Wish it was a little thicker, but otherwise it's alright :)

• I do have photos on my profile but it's friends only. You're welcome to add me to have a look if you want :) And my blond is brighter now than in the pictures that are on here.

• It's deep black, quite thick, and sort of wavy I guess. I usually wear it in a braid because it goes down to my waist :) No salon for me, I'm too lazy for that. I usually do what I want with it on my own.

I'm a bit jealous of the girls that can let their hair dry without doing anything... If I do that, my hair seems to change it's nature and goes crazy ^^ Starts curling all over the place, and seems to get thinner. I simply don't get it ! I have to let it dry in a braid, during the night, and everything is alright :)

What about you ?

• mines about 3.5 inches away from my waist, that's my aim. I colored it back to my natural hair color a couple months ago so I'm not damaging it while trying to grow it out. its like between dark blond and light brown, people say its both. I let it dry naturally and keep it down constantly, its between straight and wavy and damages very easily. I'm probably going to color and layer it again in may.

• Lucky you :) Mine took years to grow, and now I'm too scared to try a new haircut ^^

• my hair is light brown/dark blond, wavy/sometimes curly and very very thick, and is long(to my boobs), I have been growing out my natural hair for the past two years and haven't used heat or chemicals, so about the bottom 1/4th is dyed blond and pretty fryed from years of straightening.I used to hate my hair but I am learning to love my natural hair and learning how to work with it... I know once I get the blond trimmed off it will be so soft and healthy. I have never been to a salon, I have always had really long hair and my mom cuts my ends for me. I wear it down, or I'll wrap it up in a scarf to protect it, my hair is like my baby, haha, I like to take really good care of it, my mood basically revolves around how my hair looks!

• Blond, long, with brown underneath. Straight with a bit of a wave if left to dry overnight. I go to the salon to get it cut but dye it at home. I usually wear it down.

I wish my hair was wavy :)

• my hair is dark blondeish. little bit of red in there. it's super fine, and curly if I want it to be, but because it's so fine, I can straighten it basically just by brushing it out when it's wet. I wear it a lot of different ways. I guess I wish it were a little thicker.

• In the spring,i became frustrated with all of the relaxers and extentions I was wearing and ultimately how damaged my hair had become.So...I grabbed scissors and cut it all off.This is the sexond time I have done this.But the first time I have ever felt so liberated concerning HAIR. But my hair is BLACK,short (about 3-4 inches).The texture is super curly so it's currently a mini afro.

I WISH IT WAS:LONGERRR

I wish I had at least 7 more inches because then it would be a wild and crazy afro and that's what I WANT! :)

• Blonde, long, shiny, silky, thick. I love it. =]

I curl it sometimes..or I leave it natural.

I usually leave it down and part the front differently..

or do a 'half up, half down' look.

I am happy with it. It is my natural hair color. The only thing I don't

like about it, is that it gets darker in the winter... :S

• it's really dark brown but in the sun it looks lighter somehow. it's quite long, half way down my back and it's straight from the top then wavy and it curls slightly at the tips... weird I know -.-

never dyed it and I do it myself although I really wish my hair was straight :/

• brown with blond highlights... long... down past my bra... coarse... curly when it is rainy but other than that it is wavy... brown is natural but I put in the blond highlights... salon lol if I was to do my own hair I would look like someone from the circus... most of the time up because I have two kids under the age of 3... I like my hair the way it is... but at times I do like to have it straight.

• My hair is dark brown, died my natural color (to get rid of the highlights I used to have),

Just above shoulder length,

Curly,

Usually cut and styled at home,

I prefer to wear it down unless its putting up attitude and refuses to work with me,

I wish it was curlier. When my hair was long (it used to be mid back until a couple months ago when I chopped it off) I had perfect ringlets at the end. I want to get it permed so it's curlier and cut a bit shorter. Otherwise, I love my hair :)

• long, at the ends it is coarse :( wavy and it`s brown but it gets really light at the tips. the last time I hadf highlights is 3 years ago so that why my tips are a bit lighter but also because they get light in the sun fast. I trim them on my own (the last time I was at a really expensive salon and after they washed my hair they comb it and it was like she was pulling out 1000 hair and it hurt) but I have a special siccor for hair and I know a lot about it. I usually wear it down in public and up when I am at home. I wish my hair was thicker :(

• yeah you can always make your hair thinner but you can't do much about making it thicker :(

• -naturally really dark brown, now some kind of reddish link and planning to turn it into some auburn like this link

-really long right now but will get on medium length till Christmas

-fine

-from wavy to curly

-I do my own hair, that means, the daily style the cut and the color (just go to a salon in really special occasions)

-up or down? hum... braid, down or ponytail

-and I always wish it was straight

• I have long brown hair that goes down to like the top of my chest. Its straight, fine and really thick. I never color my hair and I go to Great Clips which I guess is technically a salon? I usually alternate between having it in a ponytail or leaving it down. I wish my hair was thinner...

• you can get your hair thinned out with thinnning shears, so its not cutting it but its making it less thick/bulky.

• My hair is many different shades of blond. Some pieces are almost white while others are medium blond. Even hairdressers don't believe me when I tell them it hasn't been highlighted.

The longest pieces go to the bottom of my ribcage, the shortest ones to just below my shoulders.

My hair isn't course but it is very thick. Each strand is thick and I have a lot of strands.

It is straight and I have never been able to get it to curl.

I have never colored my hair.

I go to the salon every 5 months or so to get it trimmed, layered, and thinned.

I usually wear it down. On the rare occasion I do wear it up, no one recognizes me!

I am fairly pleased with my hair. People seem to like it.

• Reddish - Brownish - Blackish

Mediumish - Longish

Kinkyish - curlyish

Naturalish - partially dyedish

Ownish - salon sometimes...ish

Upish / downish (some down with some up,)

Longer to the middle of my back. Ish.

:P

• I have semi-long hair, that's wavy and when washed with the right shampoo/conditioner it feels and looks amazing. I've colored my hair, but I think it's worn down back to the natural color. I usually go back and forth between up and down, though when working it has to be up. I wish my hair remained long, because I love it this way.

• My hair is dark brown. It is long (when it is straight it goes to the bottom of my back) and naturally very curly. It is fine, however I think I have enough hair for 8 people on my head, so it is really thick. I color my hair because I have quite a few grey hairs in all the most noticeable places.

• Dyed dark brown with light golden brown foils. Down to my breasts. It's fine. Straight. Colored. Salon. Up.. it's WAY too hot to wear it down. I wish my hair were thicker. It's really thick at the back but at the front it's pretty thin. And I wish I had it in me to grow my hair longer... I like the look but jeez... it's too hot.. I hate having hair touching my neck and back atm.

• My hair is naturally dark brown and curly but it's very quick and easy to straighten. It's halfway between my shoulder and elbow when straight and about an inch under my shoulder when curly. I have some strands of hair that are awfully thin and others that are very course, but in general I have no idea. I do my own hair, and I colored it once, you can still see a hint of it in the bottom, it was about 3 or 4 years ago. My hair varies often, I'll starighten it about every other 2 weeks, sometimes it's in a bun or a ponytail, sometimes all of it is tucked into a hat, most often it's loose.

If I could change my hair...well I plan to change my hair in January and get it dreaded, besides that, there is nothing else I'd like to do. I love my hair!

• My hair is dark brown/black and auburn underneath. It's short, cut it last night so it reaches my clavicle. Coarse. Curly, type 3c/4a to be exact :D natural hair color. I do my own hair. Usually I wear it in a bun, trying new styles though. I wish my curl pattern was looser but eh.

• Extremely dark brown it looks black, but if I'm in the sun for a long time it gets lighter & you can actually tell it's brown. It's medium length when it's curly. It's kinda long in the back; it's past my bra. (I have naturally curly hair, I'm biracial) I had red brown highlights but they've almost grown all the way out.(my ends are lighter than the rest) I cut my bangs & the salon does everything else. I wear it down whether it's curly or straight & if anything I wish my hair was a few inches longer, but I like it just the way it is.

• my hair >.< lol...

I have somewhat biracial hair so it's difficult. long/a bit coarse/ curly. I straighten it all the time and even though my picture is my natural color, it has been dyed blond for about 3 months now. I cut/dye my own hair. Wear it down and straight in the colder months. Down and curly in the summer cause humidity+beach+clubbing+heat does not go well with straightened hair haha. I wish I had less hair, and that it were less curly. =)

• my hair is so weird. it all depends on how I dry it... cause then it can be smoother or have more volume. but naturally its dark brown. wavy. thick. I usually wear it down. and its my natural hair color. And its long. as long as hers:file:///Users/admin/Desktop/nina-dobrev-pix-pretty-02.jpg

I used to wish it was straighter, but now I'm getting over it

• Dark brown, past my shoulders so kinda long/medium, nautally wavy

Usually I blow dry it to make the bottom curly, or straighten it. It's usually down but I like to put it up in ponytails to get it out of my face.

• - Brown, some days it's darker then other, natural.

- Curly, sometimes wavy

- They're not thick but not fine either.

- Between my shoulders and shoulder blades.

- I always go to a hair salon.

- How I wear it ,depends on my mood.

- I want it to be longer.

• More from Girls
    38