For older guys (21+), long or short hair?

I will be the first to admit, I am not the most mature person in the world, but I KNOW I come across as much older than I actually am. Does short hair help or hurt that, guys?

I recently cut my hair, fairly short, and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. But I've been reading on here, and it seems the majority of guys LOVE longer hair. It makes girls appear younger, and more fun, apparently. I may only be 20, but I've been told I look/act like I'm 23+. I can be fun, but in a more sophisticated kind of way, not in the, "Let's get drunk and do crazy things!" kind of way. I like to think my short hair helps broadcast that.

So I guess I'm asking, what does short hair say about a girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• Short hair generally gives off the impression that a girl is very confident and self-secure. Maturity is definitely inferred. It also is a good indicator that she has natural beauty, since short hair styles leave her looks exposed, so if it winds up looking good then it means there's a lot of beauty there. I'd say that it gives off the impression that you're looking for: bold, secure, mature (but that doesn't mean you can't have fun!)

• Thanks for your answer! Getting my hair cut was with the minor intentions of possibly attracting more mature guys (I haven't had much luck in that department...), or guys different from the usual ones I attract. I hope they don't like me just because of my haircut, but if it caught their attention for just a second more than it would have long, I'm glad I did it! :)

What Guys Said 8

• Short hair won't hurt that. It is going to be more about how you carry yourself as well. If you act older and more mature it won't matter how long your hair is.

To be honest if I had seen you with long hair before and saw you with short hair I would think you are younger. A lot of my female friends try the short hair route once they hit 20-21ish. I guess they just want to shake things up.

• It does have a lot to do with how you carry yourself. Being 6'1", I haven't had much choice in that matter. It was either slouch like mad, and act like the insecure girl I was (still am sometimes), or stand up tall and give the impression I'm as confident as anyone you'll ever meet. I chose the latter. I like heels too much not to, lol.

• A 6'1 girl in heels... sounds intimidating in a very attractive sort of way. Glad you know how to carry yourself.

• I don't understand why or reason behind it, but long hair on a woman makes them look much more attractive. It seems to trancend nearly all cultures. If I draw a stick figure with long hair and one with short hair. which would you say is the girl stick figure and the boy stick figure, be honest.

Might be something programmed in our genes, I have to say long soft hair on a woman is an old long standing tradition for woman for a reason. whether it is long pin straight hair of big curly hair. guys like lots of hair on a womans head for some strange reason.

It is strange if you pull back and think about it, really, what does long strands of dead hair cells mean? Does it make a woman more capable of love? better at raising children? better in bed? can't be, but why is it so godamned attractive to guys, don't know. All I can say is I adore long haired woman.

• Its not really that guys like it because it looks younger guys like it because you look like a woman. I would say, that in actually 80% of what guys get drawn in by is hair. If its longer it looks more sensual, more sense of beauty to it. guys are not drawn to girls who look like them. There are very few girls who can pull off short hair and look sexy and even then the hair has to be styled. But this is just my humble opinion.

• Some women look exceptionally good with short hair. Depends on her face, the style, etc.

And often short hair = a low(er) maintenance girl. 5 or 10 minutes to fix her hair, rather than 30 minutes for fancy long hair.

• thats she's sassy witch is a good thing lol I love long and curly and witgh you being so talk I'm sure lot of guys would love it. with that being said I am also very atracted to a woman with short hair too, "geuss I like them all eh" lol depens on the girl really my last girlfriend had short hair, But my first had long curly red hair so I'm stuck on that I guess lol But really its what's makes you happy right?

• it really depends on the guy. but I know one of my friends she choped her hair and it was short. and well she got complements from the girls on how "cute" it looked and all the guys were curseing her for having chopped it and well ever since she has warn it long. but hey go with what ever you want really.

• Its very simple. Long hair make a girl look like a girl and we guys like girls... Simple...What present of guys like long hair? Your guess is as good as mine, but I believe it would be a majority.

• It says that she's practical or buying into the comments from other babes who are jealous of her long hair. The long haired gals are the sexier ones, though I occasionally see an exception.

What Girls Said 1

• Ya, I know, I'm not a 21+ guy...lol but I have some valid points... :)

I've asked that question too...well something similar anyways, and I got a variety of answers, you can check it out at this link if you find you don't get that many answers...

I think shorter hair does make a girl look more mature. But it all depends on how you wear it. Think Rihanna and Victoria Beckham, they both have short hair, but Rihanna still looks more fun and all that because of the cut...

Just my opinions.. :)

• Hey, thanks for the link! And for your very valid points, lol. :)