Make-up tips please?

anyone here knows of any GOOD make-up tips for a natural look? I've got really really dark brown hair, really pale skin and light brown eyes if that helps.

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually go for a natural makeup look and I have similar hair and skin (I have green/grey eyes though)

what I do is I pick a color of blush that matches the color that my cheeks turn when it's cold outside (which is kind of a dark pink) and a little bit of bronzer to make my cheekbones stand out, and I blend them in REALLY thoroughly with a kabuki brush, so it looks natural.

I don't use any foundation or powder because my skin is fine the way it is

then I take mascara, and I DON'T coat my eyelashes with it. What I do, is I rub it very gently and horizontally into the roots of my eyelashes to make them look thicker and then use a TINY amount just on the tip of my eyelashes to make them look longer.

sometimes if I'm tired I'll take a pinky eyeshadow that's close to my skin tone, but a little bit lighter and blend it into the inside corner of my eye and my lower eyelid.

then chapstick and that's it. Most people don't think I'm wearing makeup at all.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• Yes! I have the exact same features as you, and for a while I never knew what type of makeup I should wear.

I've found that in our case, less is more when it comes to makeup. Instead of applying layers and layers of foundations and powders, I use a tinted moisturizer on my entire face and a bit of a light bronzer on my cheekbones. The moisturizer slightly evens my skin tone while still looking natural, and the bronzer gives me a nice little glow.

For my eyes I use a light brown liner on my upper lid, just enough to give them some definition. To finish them off, I use a dark brown waterproof mascara, and then I'm done :)

Here are the product brands for each item I normally use, just in case you want to try them.

Tinted moisturizer- Covergirl Aqua Smoothers

Bronzer- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Natural Radiance Bronzer

Eyeliner - Covergirl Waterproof Pencil Liner in Brown

Mascara- Maybelline Define A Lash Waterproof Mascara in dark brown

Hope this helps!

• thankyou ^^ it's cool that you have the same features as me. believe it or not where I live not a lot of people have dark hair and pale skin so I never know what color make-up looks best.

• No problem! I'm from New England so a lot of people up here have somewhat pale skin. Nothing to be ashamed of though, just as long as you know how to work it :)

• Here's the best tip that I don't believe is ever stressed enough...

LESS IS MORE.

Use just enough makeup to freshen/brighten up your face, but nothing strong enough to make it appear as if you're wearing makeup.

As for shades that go well with your coloring and skintone, there are guidelines that can be found online. Also, for products that are to resemble your skin (i.e. foundation), go to the drug store and make sure you test any product on your hand/arm before you buy to see how well it blends.

Good luck! :)

• dabbing a nude eye shaddow to the inner of both eyes in a sweeping motion towards the outer of your eye makes your eyes look brighter and works naturally against a simple bit of mascara :)

• I have dark hair, pale skin, and also brown eyes. I use concealer to hide the really noticeable blemishes and also the dark under eye circles. Curl my lashes and add 1-2 coats of mascara. Swipe some lip butter/lip balm/lip gloss on. And there you go, natural as can be. Also if I want to jazz it up a bit, but still making it look natural, I used the Naked Palette by Urban Decay. You probably have heard of it, maybe not, but it's one of the most raved about natural looking eye palette. Too Faced also has a similar palette called the Natural Eye Palette, but out of the two, I prefer the Naked Palette by Urban Decay. It is a bit pricy, but totally worth the investment. Good luck with everything! :)

• Honestly, no one really focuses on their eyebrows! Tweeze and trim yours (but not to the point where it's a thin line, full, shapely eyebrows are beautiful) and fill them in lightly with a shadow that matches your hair color. For big eyes, take a black or brown eyeliner and line at least your top waterline (it gives the illusion of thicker eyelashes) and apply a bit of mascara on the top and bottom if you like. Apply foundation or concealer in your troubled areas, and apply some chapstick and gloss for healthy plump lips. If you feel like you need some color in your cheeks, sweep some light blush or bronzer on your cheekbones, temples, nose and chin. :)

• This is basically my makeup look.

1) Conceal skin as needed. If you have dark circles under your eyes, etc. I do, so I need a good concealer routine to get rid of them. If you don't though, you can skin this step.

2) Fill in the brows lightly for extra definition and a face-brightening look. I love Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil, it is easy to use and looks natural. You would have to get matched up for a good brow pencil, or you can always find one at the drugstore too in a dark brown. Make sure your brows are always shaped well and not too thin or thick. It really makes a difference and opens your whole face. I get mine threaded every 2-3 weeks.

3) Line the eyes. For you I would say a brownish black shade is good, it is softer than black, but since you have dark hair and brown eyes I think regular brown might not stand out enough. I love Prestige Total Intensity liner in Bold Brown, it is a blackened brown, and cheap at the drugstore.

Open your eyes wide and draw between your top lashes. Then draw a thin line on the upper lid. Start at the middle and trace towards the outer corner of your eye. Do it softly, do it straight, and keep it as close to the lashes as possible, and as thin as possible. It may take practice until you learn how to line the top lid well. It took me a while. After you draw outward, draw slightly in towards the inner corner of your eyes, but don't go all the way in, it may narrow your eyes.

Then dot between your bottom lashes, starting at the outer corner, and go about halfway in

4) Curl your lashes and apply mascara. I like to build up my lashes..I do one sweep and then keep coating my lashes in little strokes so the lashes don't get too big but the fibers in the mascara build up.Then put a small bit on the bottom lashes, just slightly. Covergirl Lash Blast is great mascara. Try Very Black for extra dark lashes.

^This eye makeup look will emphasize your eyes and not look super drawn or heavy if done right.

5) Sweep a blush on your cheekbones

6) Use something neutral or even just clear on your lips. Or leave them bare.

This is a good everyday look.