How can I be an ugly brunette but a hot blonde?

when my hair was brown I got teased a lot for being ugly, guys either didn't notice me or made fun of me.

then I dyed my hair blond and all of a sudden guys started hitting on me and calling me hot.

wth? I didn't change anything but my hair color. I don't understand how all of a sudden I went from ugly to hot just because of that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I prefer brunettes but I guess blond seems more well I don't know bright and shiny? I wouldn't know what's the right word to describe how people feel when they see it.

You were attractive to begin with but in reality they didn't notice it till your hair change color.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd not put it so bluntly as you have... I'd say you just suit blond hair more... well that or teenage guys are morons. Both of which are viable answers.

• i think its perhaps the blond suits you better... or guys are really stupid. one or the other.

• I don't understand it either. Guys are kinda dumb. -_-

Perhaps it's the change that attracted the attention, maybe blond suits you, or maybe it's a combination of these. Either way, don't let them change who you are. =)

What Girls Said 7

• because a lot of people are hairstruck. they see a girl and think she's automatically prettier because she's blond. I get what your saying because its like being colorstruck for black ppl. I get a lot more attention from black men in the wintertime/fall when I'm paler even though I look the exact same just a few shades lighter

• hair can do a lot for a person,blonde probably compliments your features better,to be honest,brunette hair can make most people look mousy/plain. but I'm just giving guys the benefit of doubt,it might just be cause ''lolz blondz are leik so hot''

• That happened to Marilyn Monroe, she was a natural Brunette then she dyed her hair blond. Sometimes the color that is not naturally yours can compliment your features better but I think this is more uncommon. If you do find a man who likes you more for your brunette hair then he is more of a keeper because he likes your natural looks.

• Teen guys are stupid. The media acts as their brain. When you grow older you'll realize that a lot of guys would love to date a brunnette.

• blonde = hot

for most guys it doesn't matter if you have an uly face, as long as you're blond you are attractive...

• I know what you mean LOL. I would be an ugly brunette.

• You absolutely positively would not!

• Yes, yes I would haha

• Well, you have very attractive features, so you couldn't be ugly regardless, but it looks like you have light skin, and it might make a nice contrast with dark hair.

• Maybe it was how you wore your hair?