How can I be guy pretty instead of girl pretty?

this is me. I'm 18. link girls often say I'm cute and pretty and natural, but guys don't pay a lot of attention to me. when they comment on my looks they say I'm plain, average, nothing special. sometimes they even call me ugly.

this is my sister. she's 15. link guys think she's hot and sexy, she has so many guys after her and I'm so jealous. obviously she wears more makeup and dresses up more than me.

should I start dressing up more like her? everyone says my good personality should get me the right guy but nothing is working! not even approaching guys myself! I don't want to look easy and slutty, but I want guys to think I'm pretty. what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• The guys are looking at your sister because she is dressing and acting in a very sexual way. She's going to attract guys because those guys want to have sex with her. And, in fact, most of them are going to want to ONLY have sex with her, as opposed to having a relationship with her.

Your look is much less sexual. You are pretty, have nice bone structure in your face, and have nice eyes. But, at least going by that picture, your clothes aren't girlie (more tomboyish) or colorful and you haven't really done anything with your hair or makeup. Guys your age have their hormones in overdrive, and every other thought is about sex, but they see you and it looks (to them) like you're making ZERO effort to attract guys, so they probably assume you don't want any of their attention. Again, let me remind you that most guys your age are immature and shallow, and sex-crazed.

IMO, you don't need to wear tight, revealing clothes or wear lots of makeup like your sister, which sends the wrong message (the message you specifically stated you don't want). But, instead of turning your look up 10 notches to look like her, try turning it up 1 or 2 notches. Wear some color and stuff that's just a bit more girlie, do a little something with your hair (nothing radical), and maybe a bit of highlights with your makeup if you want. We're talking small differences with your look that will make big changes in perception.

Stay with casual looks, but stuff that looks both fun (not too formal or conservative) but feminine. Wear dresses or skirts occasionally, and shirts with a bit more girlie style, and you'll send just the right message.

You have no issues with your face or body, it's just a little tweaking of the overall presentation that's needed.

What Guys Said 7

• You might tell your sister she's dressing in a little too obvious way!

As for you, you can go from cute to hot pretty quickly in my opinion. 1) Change the hairstyle -- the girls on GaG can give you better tips on this than I can. 2) Start wearing a little makeup -- natural makeup would be best. 3) Change the wardrobe to something a little more feminine and perhaps slightly sexy (emphasis on slightly). Along with your personality, you'll do fine with the guys.

back to your sister -- she needs to tone it down a little. REALLY!

• I agree, I don't think her sister looks nice, at all.I think she would look much better if she toned down on all that makeup and put on some more clothes, she's only 15!

• no offense but your sis looks like a whore, the reason guys are after her is cause she looks easy, you look kinda prude and innocent, you look more girlfriend type of girl.

• Your sister is a babe, honestly if that is your younger sister then ask her for tips. Her hair looks great, dresses like a slut, that the main reason why she look so hot and gets guys.

• I can see two reasons why guys would like your sister - two big, firm, perfectly-formed reasons...

• Wow, what a sleazy comment.

• 1. It was a joke.

2. If you dress like that, you really do have to expect that kind of comment (and much worse).

• Damn your sister is fine

• I actually prefer your look. I like the Lindsay Pavao hairstyle you have and would rate you an 8.5/10. I like the natural look anyway. Girls that look like you are the kinds of girls I prefer to date, believe it or not. Just continue being yourself and ignore the peanut gallery.

I know you asked this a year ago, but I think the question and answer are still relevant.

• I find it hard to believe:

1. That she's 15

2. That, that is a real photo

3. That she is your sister...

What Girls Said 9

• so basically this site just wiped out everything I had here the first time so now I have to find the million links I had before, forewarning, not everything I have to say &links will fit, I ran out of room last time but this is what I would do if I were you.

hair cut: link hair color: link or link makeup like this: (natural looking) link and here's some beauty gurus so help you learn about makeup application: link and link I have more ideas but unfortunatly not enough room, but I have to say you are very pretty and these are just suggestions on what I think would enhance your natural beauty and make you look more "sexy" but not over the top or slutty.

• i think your a cute girl but you look plain. start styling your hair, wear a little more makeup and girlier clothes

ur sister looks very similar to you but has a more feminine style. it looks like she puts more effort into her appearance. she's wearing a bit of makeup, she styles her hair and she wears body conscious clothing

most men are immediately drawn to feminine looking women, not plain jane girls. you are not ugly but many people do judge you by your style. if you don't want to look slutty, I would go easy on the cleavage but still do everything else your sister does. all you need to do is wear a little more makeup and dress up more. since your sister lives in the same household it shouldn't be hard to get the basic tips down

• It's because she looks, no offence to your sister, but slutty as hell.She is getting the wrong attention, guys would want to f*** her, but nothing more.Do guys ever call her pretty,cute or beautiful?No, because she looks provocative, not naturally pretty, she kind of looks fake.Which is what guys say they don't like, but judging from the other comments, clearly, they do.

If you want the wrong attention from the wrong guys, then go right ahead, wear some makeup, wear some extensions, wear some scantily clad gear, and you would have just as much attention as your sister.It's not hard to look slutty and get loads of attention from guys, its easy.It's much harder to look classy and respectable and still get called 'hot.' But, if you go for this kind of look, you are more likely to get respectable, decent guys going for you, and people will call you cute,pretty or beautiful, instead of hot or sexy.

A lot of guys who are in your age group tend to be all in it for sex, that's it.That's why they crush on your sister.

• dude, you're pretty. I'm sure there are guys out there who think you're pretty. don't dress a certain way just because you think it'll get you more male attention. chances are, you'll scare off the good guys that way, anyway. your sister just looks kinda skanky in that picture. I promise not all guys value that kind of beauty over yours.

• your sister is really pretty, but she dresses a little slutty imo. Maybe start wearing a little makeup and taking some subtle hints from her but don't go all the way with the booty shorts lol

• Just act like yourself. Be natural. Just because you want guys to think you're pretty, you shouldn't dress the same as your sister. I never had things like this but if you really want boys to like you, start dressing like sporty girl or you can ask your sister for advice. She'll listen wouldn't she?

• You are pretty But I think you might look plain I do think you could look Hot If you change your hair cut and just add a bit of make up, you have potential just need these small changes that make a huge difference just don't dress like your little sis that gets The wrong guys...

• She's curvier and wears more revealing clothes.

Her hair is longer and sexier

She wears makeup

That's what it comes down to.

• maybe you should grow your hair out more and wear more girlie clothes (girly not slutty) like a shirt or dress occasionly and mostly do skinny jeans with a flowy shirt or something maybe a tad more of makeup (a little brown eyeliner and lipgloss can go a long way) go with what one of the guys said go up a couple notches not to a 10. you are really pretty though.