Can an overweight girl be pretty?

OK, So I am a bit confused. I am 6ft tall and am quite overweight but I tend to get these weird compliments when people first meet me. Like they stare and say "your so pretty" or something like that. I find this weird because aren't women in this day and age supposed to be thin? So can an overweight girl be pretty?

P.S. I am not just being insecure and saying that I am overweight. My doctor told me that I need to lose weight for my health. And I would like for this to actually be about overweight women and not just the "curvy" image.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, being skinny is just one way of being pretty, so is average, so is overweight. Size doesn't matter, as television has taught us, you can have a terrible personality and be pretty, but you can also have a pretty personality, a pretty laugh, a pretty face, a pretty way of looking at things, etc.. Being skinny is one thing, but being pretty is something totally different.

What Guys Said 2

• She sure can. I've been attractive to fit girls and girls with some pudge on them. It's all about how she's put together.

• Overweight women can be very pretty. I reckon Adele is a pretty woman.

What Girls Said 4

• Overweight girls can be pretty. you're not automatically ugly because you're overweight. however being overweight does make you less attractive, but hey if your still pretty even if your fat that's saying something. that means that a cute fat girl would probably be supremely beautiful if she was in shape.

However don't get it twisted, fat girls can be pretty up to a CERTAIN EXTENT. if you hit supersize where you're like morbidly obese then you will more than likely not be pretty at all. you will have hit the tipping scale where your fat basically disfigures u, which is more than just being a flaw. so I'd say the bigger you are the less likely you are to be pretty, but there are still some pretty big girls.

• Some people think they deal form is a size 0. But who are we kidding, everyone is beautiful in their own way. You can still be a beautiful perso inside and out when your a little bigger than most people.

• OF COURSE

• Yes an overweight woman can still have a pretty face. I have seen women of all shapes and sizes who have beautiful faces. I mean, let's be honest, being normal weight or thin is overall more attractive to most people. Sometimes women who have a good body are considered pretty really don't have such special faces but they have nice bodies, nice hair, nice makeup and clothing, and this makes them look prettier even though their face may not be that special. Body does a lot.

So if you don't have the body, but you are still called pretty, you must have a very pretty face. honestly speaking, an overweight girl with a pretty face would probably be stunning if she had a thinner body too.

But it is definitely possible to be pretty and overweight, no question!