Would you judge a girl for dressing too nicely?

I always seem to overdress. I wear heeled boots and skirts and leather jackets. I rarely ever just go out in jeans and a hoodie. I've had people comment before asking why I am dressed up.

It's not like I spend tons of money, I'm not a snob and most of the stuff I buy is either on sale or from stores that are really inexpensive.

Is it a turn off when a girl overdresses? Would you think she is trying too hard? I just love clothes...

This is an example, this is what I'm wearing now:

link

link

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer girls who care about how they look. It's your style, it's YOU! Stick with it.

What Guys Said 6

• When a girl puts a lot of effort into her appearance as far as grooming, stying, and dressing goes, it makes me think she's high maintenance and likely comes with a lot of baggage as a result.

• no you don't overdress at all. There is nothing wrong with looking good. A lot of guys will also really appreciate a girl who goes out of her way to look good. Other people might be intimidated or jealous if they say you are overdressed.

• no I wouldnt, id prefer that actually I'm not a big fan of the sweatpants tucked into the uggs and north face jacket look. I like clothes...i don't know why...so if you're dressed up id only judge you in a way saying to myself that she takes care of herself and is confident enough to wear that out on a non special occasion. I prefer a girl with a sense of style.

• Not really. Personally I like a more exotic look, and overdressing is one way to achieve this. I don't go for the plain jane look at all, though that doesn't exclude the possibility that girls who are not overdressed aren't equally fascinating.

I do like your fashion sense though, if what you describe is what I see in my mind's eye. You sound like the type I'd be eyeing all day.

• nah guys just get intimidated easily there probably just think your outa their league :)

• It'll only look like you're trying too hard if it's out of place. You probably wouldn't wear an evening gown to a game, ya know?

• @status update: Cute, but for 9:00 at night?

• I was going out with friends

• I was going to say..lol

What Girls Said 6

• thats how I dress.

rock. it.

waaaaayyyy better then jeans and a hoody. I get complements all the times and the guys I've talked to about it actually say they think its hot. besides the short ones, who obviously hate how I tower over them in heels. DONT CHANGE

and by the way, that blazers really cute. I love the color...

• First of all, you look awesome.

I honestly prefer to dress more like that, but don't because 1. I don't have the money for a new wardrobe and 2. I'm sometimes too lazy to dress up.

I think you look very polished and put together, and I love that style. If I were to see you out and about I'd think, "There's a girl with a good sense of style," and may even tell you I liked your outfit.

• Looks cute. Seems like most of the guys on here like it.

I on the other hand dress like a hobo so I'm fooked. Haha.

• I dress just like you do if not a bit more dress than you from my experience guys love it girls tend to get a bit weird about it but just dress in a way that makes you feel good and who cares what others think :P

• no id look up to her for her fashion sense :)

• It depends. Sometimes it just looks like she likes to dress up, other time sit looks like she's trying too hard. I wouldn't judge her too harshly though.

• Nah what you are wearing is fine. You don't look overly dressy just well put together!