Why do guys keep a perception of girls that they've known forever?

So growing up, I went to a very small High School. My graduating class is 35. So anyway, when I was growing up, I was rough. I never did anything with my hair, I didn't really wear the "super nice" clothes that everyone else did, because my family couldn't afford them. I was also always a large child.

So anyway, as I grew up, I changed a lot. I learned to do my hair, make-up, and I got better clothes. Plus, I lost a ton of weight. I've basically did a complete 180.

So now I'm a senior in High School. And guys don't like me. I've never had a boyfriend, and guys are never interested in me. The guys at school aren't interested. I'm assuming it's because they still see me like they did growing up.

So my question is, why do guys hold perceptions of girls even when they are nothing like they were before? Is it something all guys do? Is there a way to break the perception?

What Guys Said 1

• That's not true at all. You probably aren't putting yourself out there. I mean you can't expect guys to do all the work right?

• I see where you are coming from, but that isn't really the case. I do.

• Not that I don't believe you, but there are a couple really cute outgoing girls I know that don't ever get asked out. I think the reason behind this is that they aren't outgoing in a flirty way if you know what I mean

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think that's exclusive to guys...people tend to have a certain impression of others...It can be hard to shake their perception of you but you can force some of them to accept the "new" you over time if you refuse to show them any other side of you than that of the one you want...