Who says it isn't masculine to have long hair??

I plan on growing my hair out long, long enough to tie in a pony tail. I'm in that in between stage where I'm not quite there yet. It covers my ears entirely right now and there is some mild curl to it. It seems that hair this long on men is not looked up upon or seen as attractive or manly. Granted, some men can pull it off real well, I think. What do you all think?

Most Helpful Girl

• meh,i have short hair and I'm a girl,so I'm pretty open to ''androgynous'' hair. the thing is-long hair is seen as feminine cause women,through history,didn't do much so their hair didn't really get in the way,and they had the time and were expected to make it all long and pretty. for men-the opposite is true. BUT,aragorn says ''f*** you and your sexist gender roles!'' link

What Girls Said 5

• Having long hair doesn't make you less manly

• That's hot.

• I think it can be insanely attractive. If a guy has really rugged features, or really pretty features, it can look aaaamazing. Not too long though, not below your shoulders. But yes, I think it's super manly :) I don't know why. lol

• Being attractive and being manly are two different things. Not every guy looks good with long hair, especially if he doesn't take the time to maintain it well. Scraggly hair looks bad on men and women.

• I think long hair only looks good on black men, mixed men, multiracial men, and Native American men because they tend to have interesting hair textures. Native American men just have gorgeous hair. Long hair also looks good on Italians and Greeks but that's because their foreign look makes it look sexy. For some reason it just looks plain weird on white guys. My friend's white boyfriend has long blond hair and it's just weird and unattractive to me.

• oh yeah it looks really hot on Asian guys too :)

What Guys Said 5

• My hair is pretty long, it's nine inches long in a ponytail and I don't feel feminine or any less masculine. I'd say if you want to do it go for it but when you decide to cut if off you should give it to a good cause and donate it like I'm going to do in the next week or so. Just something to think about. P.S. It also gives you a lot of female attention out in public. So that's a good thing. ;)

• Yeh mebe. Cept for them broads that are all "like oh em gee, like long hair, ew"

• Lol Yeah, that's what they may all be thinking when they see me, but hey attention is attention whether it be positive or negative. :D

• I think it works reall ywell if you are a metal dude :D

but for 'normal' ( I wouldn't call metal people abnormal because I like metal ha ha ) it's maybe a little bit of a weird look

• Not I for one. I have long hair and I'm one of the more manly eighteen year olds I know.

• it isn't masculine if you look like that link

• Long hair is cool, pony tails make you look like a Linux programmer, though

• LOL. I'm not exactly aiming to get it only for the ponytail. I was using that word merely as a way to describe my desired length I'm working on. Hair long enough that COULD be tied back that way.