Were you a late or early bloomer?

In terms of looks do you feel as if you looked pretty much as you do now when you were 12 or 13 or did you not grow into your face/body until later?

It may seem hard to believe but I was once a tiny thin kid. Then I gained a bunch of weight in about 5th grade. So I was a bit of a chubby kid so I feel as if my growth spurt helped me grow into more of what I look like today. But I haven't changed much since sophomore or junior year of high school. I guess I'm a little in between, but more of a late bloomer.

What about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Late. I graduated HS 3 years ago and people tell me I look older now than I did then. I think I am attractive now, but I think I was awkward until I was like 16, and I looked young, even though my boobs grew big by the time I was 14.

But part of the reason I looked awkward back then is because I used to wear too much makeup and tweeze my eyebrows. If it wasn't for that I would have looked pretty good by the time I started high school, though definitely younger than now.

I still look kind of young. I'm turning 21 and I have a very mature body but a youthful pretty face and I am also mature and good at relating to older adults. So depending on where I am and what I am wearing, I get anywhere from an older teenager to 25.

What Girls Said 16

• My style I guess started its beginning stages of evolving into what it is now when I was about 13. But as far as looks as a whole, I think I've looked more or less the same since I was about 15, lol. So kind of in the middle I guess.

• you mean turn into who I am or what I look like today? I think today I looked like I was when I was 18.

• I was very much a late bloomer. I didn't get hips, an ass, or boobs until I was in college. I was seriously flat as a board until I was 19. My face also hasn't matured yet. I mean, I look older now than I did a few years ago, but I still look about 5 years younger than I am.

• I'm a late bloomer in every aspect- the physical and the social. My boobs didn't come out until 11th grade. Didn't get my period until I was 14. I'm 22, but I still look like I belong in high school. My social milestones concerning the opposite gender didn't come until after high school.

• i was about 15

• Late, I didn't like I do today until about 2 years ago, and I'm 18 now. Pretty sure even now I'm still changing a bit :P.

• I was chubbier when I was younger, I was a scrawny child. I had my major growth spurt at 13, and since I have been 14 I haven't grown height wise. I still look quite similar to what I looked like 4 years ago.

• I was very chubby when I was a kid, though people thought I looked cute (baby cute -_-). I didn't like it however, so thankfully, I grew out of the chubbiness when I clocked 15 and started to look decent lol.

I don't think my facial look changed much between the transitions, but my weight definitely did!

• I sort of look the same, my face hasn't changed much and for whatever reason people still think of me as a high school freshman. I was a lot thinner though and my boobs were bigger compared to how I look now.

• I'm still changing lol

• I was a really early bloomer. Had hips, ass, and boobs by 6th grade.

• i was extremly early.. I started filling out in the 5th grade as well, but for some strange reason.. I'm still filling out! slowly but surely

• def. a late bloomer!

i look to young -.-

• Early I suppose, started my period at 9. But I still feel like I'm changing now lol!

• I was a late bloomer, even though I'm 21 I hope I'm still blooming :p

• I think I was a late bloomer compared to the girls in my high school, around my 10th or 11th was when my boobs and ass where growing. I hated my physical appearance during middle school I was had no boobs at all, it was sad lol. But I really liked the attention I started getting in high school, for whatevervthe reason was I got asked out on dates but yeah I kept my morals.

What Guys Said 15

• Definitely early when it comes to physical. Going into high school, at about 13 I hit 5'10/201 pounds. If you were to take a picture from me in my8th grade/freshmen year of high school, I'd look roughly the same as I do today. Of course, nobody ever believed me when I told them how old I was. I remember one time, it was my sisters 22nd birthday. We went out for dinner, and at this time I was 18. They asked if we wanted any alcoholic drinks. I decided to jokingly ask for Yuengling (regional beer) and my sister asked for some mixed drink, they carded her and not me. (My sister is the opposite, at 22 she still looks like she's a teen.) But this is a common theme as I've only been carded at a bar twice. Both times bands were playing on a Saturday night and they had never seen me before.

But in other regards as well. Maturity wise, most of my friends were years older than me. I would talk to people my sisters age and feel like I had more in common with them than people my own age. They often thought I was just as old as them, if not a bit older. Sexually, that came young too. Won't go into details, but you get the idea.

So yeah, I was definitely a very early bloomer in every regard.

• Physically, I skyrocketed as a child. I'm pretty much the same size now as when I was entering 1st year in secondary school, and I'm a pretty heavy guy. The teachers were apparently concerned at firsy glance that I'd be a bully type, as opposed to the introverted nerd I turned out to be.

• Possibly early as I was 11 when I got my first hardon.

Then again my daughter had what resembled a period when she was 8. It lasted a few days but now she's 11 and hasn't had one since. I don't know.

But as for blooming... despite me reaching puberty at that age I remained short.

Here I am in my forties and 5'1" for life.

• got to high school still a prepubescent teen. the first half of 9th grade I was like a little kid. then winter break came and so did I (pun intended) and my voice was suddenly a few octaves lower lol

just now, in my junior year of college, am I growing decent facial hair. I don't know if I've reached my peak height yet but we'll see

• I bloomed at the right time. Maybe a little late but not by much. I got coarse facial hair at 17, chest hair at 18.

• I'm definitely a late bloomer. I still look the same as I do when I was 13 and I'm still quite slim. I think I'm still in the process of growing into my looks (I hope) but people have told me my face has matured and whatnot. On the other hand, some people still say I have that same babyface from years ago so maybe I'm in the middle.

• I was definitely a late bloomer, I didn't feel as if I had fully grown into my looks until about 2 years ago

• late - at least sexually late. I only started getting interested in a relationship at 18 ;-)

• about general looks : the look that I have now I have for about a year I think. I recently saw a girl at a party that was in my class 2 years ago , and she wondered if I was the boyfriend of one of her friends lmao . I told her my name and then she said she didn't recognize me at all ( not in the way that she didn't know who is was lol )

• Definitely late, I got an x-ray that said my bones were 3 years younger than my actual age.

• I still seem to be changing

• As far as facial features and hair is concerned, I was a very early bloomer ha ha around the age of 13-14 I started losing the whole baby face/childish features. I always was mistaken to be older. The rest of me however, I've always been real skinny and only just recently have started to fill out a bit.

• still blooming lol

• Im still blooming lol I don't have much facial or body hair at 18

• I guess I haven't bloomed yet looks-wise.

• i was a late bloomer. Like I was under 5 feet in 7th grade and I was 70 pounds. I was one of the smallest kids in my class. Now I am almost 6 feet tall and I weigh 175 and I am starting to get fat and losing my hair and I'm 28