What is the big deal about a pair of sneakers?

Don't get me wrong, Michael Jordan is awesome.

But I will never understand why people will stand out in the blistering cold, getting into fights, and SHOOTING over a pair of shoes.

If you don't know what I am talking about, the new Retro Jordan 11s came out to the public today. I'm sorry, the shoe is ugly, I don't like the cheap black plastic part. I wear Jordans too, but I only have purchased two pairs in my lifetime. And I am lucky enough to wear kids sizes so I don't pay much. And the fact that the new Jordans were available to pre-order makes the whole thing even more ridiculous.

Most Helpful Guy

• Preordering shoes in and of itself sounds ridiculous because how do you know if the shoes are sized correctly?

• I guess you really don't know unless you wear Nike or Jordan shoes all the time.

• Very true, because no two sneakers in one pair are the exact same, let alone a full size run of them.

• When I switched from NIke Air Monarch IIIs to Nike Free TR2 crosstrainers I had to change size because they weren't sized the same even though they were both Nikes.

What Guys Said 4

• As long as people still like Jordans, I will continue to buy them, and sell it to them at a profit. LOL

I personally don't like the sneakers myself, I'm more of a converse/DrMarten guy

• I have no clue why people are that desperate I waited and got My jordans on sale :)

• As a guy I think they look good. Really good. But the hype is nuts even here (UK)

• oh so its not just crazy Americans lol

• It mostly is, but there's guys I know, mostly Africans who love to copy you guys style. Some of them play basketball too

• Right on. Agreed

What Girls Said 3

• To look "cool". I almost bought the bordeaux 7s when they came out and thank God I didn't. Wasn't sure what I was thinking at the time but it seems as though everyone who wears jordans dress alike and I hate dressing like other people.

• I was thinking the same...bought my first jordans 2 years ago because I thought they were cute...but those concords arent...not hating just style preference...my timeline on fb and twitter has been nothing but concords! need to rethink wats important in life lol

• I know what you mean, everyone is mad that they are driving hours for the shoes, then getting stuck in traffic, and blah blah...craziness.

• It's because people are supericial.