I feel so hideous, anyone else feel same?

I am confident in myself in regards to talking to people and being able to make them laugh, but I can't look at myself in the mirror or pictures of myself because I'm so ugly. I have had acne since I was 12 and nothing has worked and I'm so afraid to really approach girls because I can't even handle getting glimpses of myself so how could someone tolerate looking at me all the time?

I perhaps took bad approach here. Any advice on how to get over it?

Most Helpful Girl

• i would see a dermatologist if you haven't already. it sounds like your skin is the root to your problem. also if you compare yourself to others all the time, try to stop doing that. if you don't like the way you dress/look in the clothes you have than do some research on what would look good and buy some new things. if you don't like your body start working out. don't like your hair, change it. teeth not white enough for you? get an at home whitening kit. my point is if your insecure about something you have the power to change, change it. if you can't find it within yourself to accept that which starts by not comparing yourself to others and another thing you can do is use your family for support, guaranteed they have your best interest in mind.

What Girls Said 2

• YES! lol sometimes I look in the mirror and I'm like why God? Like actually?

I suggest going to see a dermatologist because they know what's best for your skin specifically but if you can't afford it/don't want, to look for facial washes with alpha hydroxy serum because it is really good for acne,l if you feel a breakout coming drink lots of water and crush up a Tylenol with a bit of water and dab it on your pimple(s). let it dry then rub it off and apply a light moisturizer. The Tylenol helps because it's an anti-inflammatory so it will reduce the appearance of zits.

Oh and about your lack of confidence, actually don't even care about the "ugliness" you're feeling because I have met so many hot guys with acne, and everyone's attractive to at least someone (and I don't mean your mom :) <3 hope this helped xxx

• Go to a dermentolgist about your skin and try to build confidence

What Guys Said 2

• I am the same way. I went to a phycologist. I have Body dysmorphic disoder. (BDD)

link

Take a look at that. Do you think you may have that?

• Same.