Chinese and foreigners have different aesthetic eyes?

Some American men marry the Chinese women .But most of the people I know in China think these Chinese women are not beautiful at all. They have some same place:single-fold Eyelid or Phoenix Eyes. Do Chinese and foreigners have different aesthetic eyes?... (Please forgive my poor English)

Most Helpful Guy

• Slightly, hard to be inoffensive to everyone about it, but genetic fact would suggest it's down to facial structure i.e. genetics. Personally I don't see how people can say bad things about others. But I believe that many Chinese women and forgeign are beautiful and in particular have very appealing eyes.

What Guys Said 4

• Most American people have it easier because it's so vast over here. It's a big mixing pot, while other places like China and such don't have that many different kinds of people. So they always see the same thing over and over and it gets dull. Asian woman even in America are much rarer then most other nationalities.

• Yeah. I like the way you put that, too, 'different aesthetic eyes', that's a good way of putting it. You're right. Do the people there really not find chinese women beautiful?

• You find beautiful humans in all cultures, it doesn`t give unpleasn`t peoples and cultures. Open your eyes and you will see the beauty "here and there".

• I think so yeah, Chinese people and other far Eastern Asians have different aesthetics in the eye department, but Chinese women are some of the most beautiful around, e.g. Lucy Liu, Gong Li, Zhang Ziyi

What Girls Said 3

• Lolz I'm a girl and I can say that Chinese women are definently beautiful and their eyes are interesting actually but not in a bad way...I think it just comes down to preference (what different people prefer) and some will want one person while another will prefer another type you know...and not at all your English is actually quite well =)

• I have double eyelids and since I live in America, I date Americans. It must be very different in China, but there are many beautiful Chinese women who marry Americans. It's more common here than in China, I would assume.

• Our culture teaches us that certain things are beautiful. Most Asian cultures tend to think that pale white skin, big eyes, double eyelids, etc are attractive and that anything else isn't.

Western culture generally doesn't teach us to think that way. We don't care about double or single eyelids! We all have double eyelids, so single eyelids are exotic, beautiful and different. Most Asian people naturally have single eyelids, so they think double eyelids are more exotic and beautiful.

It's not necessarily that we have different 'aesthetic eyes', but more that we have learnt about 'beauty' from different cultures.