Would my hair be OK if I re-dyed it today?

OK so yesterday I went in to get my hair done it was breakin and I wanted to see if their was a way to fix it since I had bleach blond hair they said damage was already done and that going blond like a color blond insted of white blond would be OK but in the end they dyed my hair with some brunette. Well I hate it they 'blended' it so I look like I've got dirty blond but really dark . And I hate hate hate it. Would it be OK if I just went and dyed it back to white today? I'd be using color so it would be like a filler.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't recommend it. Going lighter is always more damaging because it involves a bleaching or stripping agent.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Don't do it, it will be a hot mess. But...you can shampoo it with some dawn dish detergent. No, really. do it twice in the shower and then use a good conditioner. Leave that on through your shower, you know, wash & stuff. Then rinse it out good. This will lighten it up quite a bit. At least it should.

Only use about a nickel size amount, & rinse it out well.

• I wouldn't. especially since it's alrready fried :/

• I'd leave it alone, wash your hair a couple times over a week the color should lighten a bit but do not go lighter your hair might fall out.

• Its not recommended to do that back to back, but I've done it in past and I still have hair:)