How long do you wear your clothes for?

I've noticed some people will wear something different every day. And some people will wear something for 2-3 days. The question is particularly pertaining your days at work or school, every day clothes.

• 1 day. A new outfit every day.
  • 2 days. I'll wear something longer than a day.
  • 3 - 3+ days. Three days or longer
  • Longer than a week

Most Helpful Girl

• I think life would be easier if it were Legal to walk around naked. So much water and electricity and fabric saved! And you'd never need to worry about laundry

But there are those people who have obese phobias and wouldn't last two seconds in a fast food store. Eh, exposure is the fastest way to fix that

What Girls Said 60

• I want to save the environment by not washing my clothes so often so as long as they don't smell or have stains on them I'd rewear them again.

• Underwear I change about every 12-24 hours, depending on how clean I am/feel. My jacket I wash every couple of weeks. My shorts I wear once or twice if I go out, or 3ish times if I wear them just around the house. My shirts, I usually only wear once or twice, sometimes several times, depending on whether I get sweat on them; if it's just around the house, I'll wear them for around two whole days before washing them. Jeans and cargo pants, I'll wear once or twice depending on sweat and what I was doing while I was wearing them.

I prefer to wear freshly-washed clothes, but I try to re-wear them because clothes are ruined quicker when you wash them all the time, and the Northern Terrirory sun damages them, as do clothes pegs, as does the dryer.

Btw, I don't work and I don't go to school, I usually just sit around at home in the AC on the 'puter, or go to town for a few hours to run errands every week or so.

• I'm with the people who re-wear clothes a couple times, but not back to back. Except for my work clothes, I will wear those up to 3 days in a row. I keep re-using my jeans until they stretch out or get dirty cause I don't want them to fade.

The only things I always change at least once a day are underwear and socks. And I always layer my shirts, so the top shirt will obviously be re-worn a lot more than the undershirt.

I've gotten to the point where I've gotten rid of most of the clothes I used to have, because I hardly wore them anyway. So I don't have a lot of variance in my wardrobe.

• It depends on if the outfit gets dirty. Sometimes, I change just to look nice for dinner.

In that case, I will probably wear that outfits 3x because, well, I only wear it for a few hours.

Unless it gets messy and dirty, then I will wash it first. I do the same with my pants.

Most of the time, I will wear my fave pants 2x before I wash them. I only do laundry 1x/week.

I NEVER wear socks or underwear again(unless I have been lounging around my house all weekend)..The only thing I would wear again would be like lingerie that I had on for 5 minutes haha.

• I reuse jeans several times before washing them. I always use new shirts unless I'm just looking for a shirt to sleep in. I always get new underwear, but bras on the other hand get worn several times before getting washed.

• I will wear my work pants up to three days and my work apron up to three days before washing them, but I normally wash my work shirts everyday.

As for everyday wear, it honestly depends on my mood. Sometimes I will wear the same outfit twice in a week, but not back-to-back days. For my workout clothes, I will wear my running pants up to three days when I run through the suburbs, but when I run on the trails I have to wash them everyday to get the mud off.

• I don't wear the same outfit on consecutive says, but I do wear each article multiple times before washing. Tops I usually wear twice before washing. I usually wear jeans 3-5 times before washing unless the waistband is getting really saggy and needs to be re-tightened in the washing/drying process. I usually wear socks many, many times before washing unless they start to smell really bad. I wear my bra and PJs for a week before washing. I'm not a sweaty person to begin with, so my bra doesn't get all nasty and stuff.

• Ill wea Jeans or pajama bottoms multiple days (like maybe 2-3 days), sweatshirts maybe like 3 days out of the week, and bras 2 days max but everything else is worn once and washed

• I don't do either; I don't wear the same outfit in a row, but I will wear anything (except underwear) a few times times before it is washed, probably about 4 times. I have different clothes that I wear in the house (more like pajamas) that I change into when I get home, so then my clothes don't become dirty as quickly and I can wear them longer without getting dirty.

• New outfit everyday.

• Jackets& shoes maybe 2-3 days but I can't stand wearing it 5 days in a row to school..idk why but it gets on my nerves when guys at my school where the same outsit everyday it makes me think they don't wash their clothes even though he might have a different under shirt or wash it everyday.you can't tell if its a hoodie that's always zipped up or has no zipper

• The only thing I don't change everyday are my jeans, pajamas, and towel. I wear my pajamas in a cycle so if I have three pants I wear one then the other and the other and I'm back to the starts again. Same for towels and jeans. Shits, bras, and panties are a must always change.

• i change like three times a day, I just can't manage to wear the same thing all day, I like lookin different at different times of the day

• I use things more than once before I wash them but never the same outfit 2 days in a row if I'm outside home.

• Work clothes I will wear for up to 3 days (depending on if they get dirty or not)

Outside of work I change my clothes everyday.

• No more than a day, sometimes I change close twice a day.

• On school days, I change my clothes everyday. On days that I stay at home , I do wear the same clothes for like 2 days or so.

• new outfit every day,and I never wear the same thing more than once within a week or two,except maybe jeans but I try to avoid that too. it's not really something I HAVE to follow,but I have enough clothes to follow that rule

• I wear a new clothes everyday - I love putting an outfit together anyways, sometimes I even change what I'm wearing a couple times each day.

• i can wear same jeans for a number of days... same top for max 2 days...and a new undergarment every day

• I only wear hoodies, sweaters, bras and jeans more than once before washing them. Otherwise tops, underwear (besides bras) and socks I change everyday.

• A.. new outfit everyday... but I do wear my jeans several days bef washing them.. but I never wear the exact same outfit (shirt, bottoms, dress, etc) 2 days in a row.

• It depends on the clothing item.

• new outfit each day

• It depends I'll were the same pajamas for usually a week but if I'm going out like shopping or something like that I'll wear something different every time

• I wear whatever is available. I wear the same clothes a couple times a week.

• 1 outfit a day. I never go out with the same thing I wore yesterday. Actually, never again until I wash it.

• & I don't wear the same thing after a shower even if I'm staying home, except for pajamas.

• It's a habit. I have enough clothes to do so, & I only do laundry once a week. Calm down.

• Actually I just remembered that I wear my bras for like a week straight except in summer months when I sweat.

• Jeans 1 or twice depends on if I wash cloths before I get a chance to wear them more than once.

Tops once before washing.

Pj's 3 days 4 is really pushing it.

Also depends on if I am sweating (Winter and Summer).

Truly though if I am at home for days lounging I can alternate two tops and two bottoms for those days especially if it's Pj's.

• New outfit everyday. I have enough outfits for four weeks so I never wear the same outfit more than probably twice a month and that would be my favorite outfit only. PJs I will wear twice before washing.

• Once/twice

• More from Girls
    30

What Guys Said 31

• It Depends. During the winter, I have 2 long sleeved shirts which I swap everyday for like 2 weeks before I wash them. I wear the same home pajama pants in the winter, and shorts in the summer for 2 weeks before I wash them. But I wear a different pair of socks, and different boxers everyday.

• It means that you are going to wear the same shirt on Monday and Wednesday. At my college I have classes with the same people on Monday and Wednesdays so this is not a good idea. =)

• pshh I never wear clothes

• Wear something new every day (don't usually rewear any article of clothing). Do 4 loads of laundry every week or two. Water and soap are cheap!

About the only thing I don't change out everyday is my bathtowel. I change it out when it starts smelling musty.

• It's different depending on which types of clothes and how busy I am.

When I'm busy, sometimes I'll wear clothes for about 1-2 times as long as I do otherwise, mainly due to me not getting around to washing them.

Shirts: 1 Day

Pants: 3 Days

Underwear: 2 Days (I need to get more underwear. I don't like wearing them more than once.)

Socks: 3 Days (Same with socks.)

I started wearing clothes longer in order to conserve on energy and water usage, to decrease my carbon footprint.

• T-shirts, boxers, and socks I'll change everyday. Jeans are usually an exception though, depending what I'm doing during the course of a day I may very well wear a pair for 2-4 days. Dirty, beat up and worn out jeans are what give people character. Just keep it within reason.

• For school days I would wear something different every day but they're pretty much the same clothes I've had since I haven't gone shopping for new clothes in over a few months. So I'd have to go with the choice: Three days or longer.

• There's not a correct poll option for me. I change shirts every day, and jeans and sweatshirts I can wear multiple times. I really only have two pairs of jeans I wear all week haha. They just never get dirty/ smell bad.

• Shirts, once then wash. Pants, can usually go 2-3 wears without washing.

• I change my shirt, underwear, and socks at least once a day, more if I exercise. I wear my jeans for at least a week. In fact I just leave everything except my phone in my pockets when I my jeans off because I know I'll be wearing them the next day.

• If I wear an undershirt, a long-sleeve tee, and a short-sleeve tee, I may rewear the short-sleeve tee once just because there's two layers between it and me.

• i wear new outfit every day but that doesent mean I wash it after 1 use :P

• It depends on what piece of clothing it is. Aside from socks and underwear, I might wear a clothing item more than once before washing it. But, I ususallydon't wear the same thing 2 days in a row.

• I wear my pants for 2-3 weeks change everything else everyday

• It partially depends on what I've done that day. But generally I'll wear the same jeans/jackets for a couple of days and change the rest.

• I will the same thing twice but not like back to back, unless they are like a pair of shorts around the house

• i wear my jeans many days because I don't have but 2 pairs, but underwear, socks, and shirts daily. I may wear my socks a few days in row because sometime I have to take them off for work because I work in pool of water a lot with kids, but never the same shirt especally sweating in it for 18 hours + in the summer.

• I change everyday but I change my socks three or four times a day and I do own over a hundred pairs of socks, nothing like fresh fluffy socks

• I have two sets of clothes each lasting about 3 days. My work clothes I change every 2-3 days depending on the weather. My other set of clothes may last 4-6 days, these are my clothes I go do errands and run to the store in. I figure I'm only dressed in them for about 2 hours at most a day, so they aren't really ever getting dirty. I guess when you have the luxury of living alone and sitting around in your underwear all day your clothes aren't getting dirty.

• Depends on what I am wearing. I will re-wear jeans for up to 4 days. Under T-Shirts for 2. Everything else I change daily.

• I wear my clothes once. That's everything like socks shirt etc.. I don't wear an article of clothing again until I do laundry, unless it's an accessory like a scarf or sweater

• I change my outfit everyday. I try completely to differentiate Monday clothing from Tuesday by wearing different colors and fashion styles. For example, I may wear the same jeans on Monday, and Thursday and I will wash them only after wearing for a few days.

Its harder to wear new clothing everyday in the Winter since winter clothing is more expensive and I can't afford to buy more than a few pieces of clothing.

• Most people sweat at least 1 liter a day, that's before a moderate workout. I take two showers a day and change clothes everyday. I have to feel clean now. It was fine in college to wear sweatpants 3 times in a row, bit it's not for me anymore.

• Jeans, I'm lazy so I'll bust out a new pair every couple of days, plus I don't have tons of them laying around.. hoodie, I wash it when I think it's time to wash it, depends on how much I wear it etc, everything else, 1 day (shirts, socks, underwear) unless I decide to crash at my friend's house on a whim, then it's like 1.5 - 2 days

• It depends on the article. Working uniform: 2~3 days. Undershirt: 1 day. Shirt: 1 day. Shorts: 2~4 days. Boxers: 1 day. Socks: 1 day.

• Jeans two to three days. Hoodies/sweatshirts up to a week unless they get dirty, because I always wear something under it and it's not like I wear it every single day. Everything else I only wear for one day.

• I do not rewear socks, underwear, or tank tops. I only have 3 pairs of jeans. I don't wear the same shirt in a row. I have these white t shirts that all look the same that I might wear consecutively but never the same one in a row.

• i wear it for 2 or 3 days when I feel like it.

• I wear something different everyday for school and over the weekend I will wear my jeans twice

• I usually wear a pair of pants like jeans 3 days in a row tops, but sweat pants stay on in doors.

• I rarely wear the same outfit twice in a month

• pants = 1 week

different shirt each day / boxers / socks

• More from Guys
    1