What do you think about belly-button rings?

Sexy, ugly, slutty? State your opinions here!

And is a 14-year-old girl too young to get one?

Most Helpful Girl

• I got mine a couple years ago.. and love mine so no I don't think their ugly, rarely anyone sees mine though.

I honestly think you should wait a few more years before you get one, but it's really up to you I was dying to get mine so I know how you feel.

It doesn't hurt too much either (at least I didn't think so), if you end up getting one make sure you leave it in for 8 weeks before changing it and take good care so it doesn't get infected, as for swimming with it - yes you can just don't use any soaps around that area other then what the professionals suggested.

• as for swimming.. probably not the best when you first get it you don't want sand/dirt in there.

What Guys Said 6

• Because navel piercings are sexy, 14 is too young in my opinion to be getting one. My friends piercing shop needs you to be 16 with parental consent. That being said, I also have my bellybutton pierced. :D

• Thanks, oh and did it hurt? Scale of 1-10?

• How long was it before you could swim with it in?

• I got mine done in the wintertime so that was not an issue. As long as you are anal about keeping it clean you shouldn't have any problems. Just make sure to wash the piercing with antibacterial soap and clean water after getting out of the pool or home from the beach. It doesn't matter that the pool water is chlorinated, bacteria can still infect a fresh piercing.

• Piercings are sexy so long as they're not in the extreme

Also the body type can't be extreme either

If babies can get their ears pierced, then why can't a 14 year old get her belly button pierced?

It shouldn't bother anyone so long as you're not always wearing tank tops or flashing people.

• piercings, I think, are very very sexy. But 14 is too young to have one. You don't want a guy my age looking at you in a sexual way.

• im not a fan of them

• My personal opinion is its the new tramp stamp

• I think they are so f****** sexy! It may look slutty to some people but that just makes it look even more sexier in my opinion. I love a girl with a belly button ring.

What Girls Said 9

• I have mine done and love it. People are surprised when they find out I have one because I guess I seem super innocent, not the type to have piercings lol. But I think people should wait until 18 to get any piercing (besides ears) or tattoos. I am more mature now than I was at 16, I might have got it and regretted it. Anyways they are a really sexy piercing. Can't wait until mine is fully healed and I can change it :)

• So did it hurt?

• I got mine August 8 and haven't gone swimming with it yet so idk

• I would wait at least 6 months personally. As soon as it is healed enough to change the jewelry I'll swim with it. Just make sure to clean it with unscented soap or a sea salt soak after swimming to prevent infections

• I think it's very hot so don't see a problem with them but 14 is pretty young to be looking like that.

• They are hot adorments to any lady but 14 is slutty and if done with parental consent not in an area where they aren't sensual adorments then the parents must be mucho stupid. Now for religious or cultural reasons I see no problem but for hecks sake at 14 that's dumb because they are sensual things and no 14 should be seen in a less than platonic light.

I plan to maybe get on in a year or two :P green

• never too young or not too slutty 14 years old = puberty which is not too young.

• You're crossing the boarder to creepville though...you just can't say puberty means you can have all these things a grown woman or young lady..not child...should have

• Way too young.

• A normal one is fine, but the dangly ones make me think the girl is trying to show off.

• 14 is definitely too young.

• I just think it looks trashy and is completely pointless but if you really want one it's your body and a lot of people find them attractive, 14 is too young but since it is a piercing you can just take the ring out so it isn't such a big deal.

• its a bit tacky hunny.

• meh...pretty ugly