What is the most attractive body shape, size, weight, etc. for a girl to have? (I want to see if my mom is right)

OK... So I think this is thee most asked question by all women around the world! But.. I wanted to see for myself what "Men" actually think. I personally think guys tend to like girls that are thin (not skeleton-thin but at a BMI of 19 or so) my mom says men like women with more curves and she always points out Marilyn Monroe, but Marilyn went through a slim stage and then a voluptuous phase.

I don't want answers saying personality is the most important, I'm asking a simple question about which is better. Please give a full description on what you think is "Near perfect" and possibly a celebrity example:) thank you

Most Helpful Guy

• This is heavily influenced by culture, although there are some things considered universally attractive (0.7 waist/hip ratio). While part of it is genetic, I do believe environment plays a large factor. I do not believe there is an "ideal", most attractive body.

Even within the same culture, I believe differing levels of exposure to mass media during childhood and puberty (tv, movies, p*rn, advertising) can influence a guy's taste. I don't have the stats to back it up but based on various things I've read over the years that have influenced me.

Men's tastes are probably somewhat different now than when your mom was dating. I've read that, I think in the 1700s or 1800s, fat women were considered more attractive. Before the advent of the middle class, skinny people were assumed to be poor and unimportant. A peasant, basically. Being well fed was taken to mean healthy and well-to-do. These days the "ideal" seems to be getting skinnier and skinnier.

That said, my psychology prof showed us a study (no I don't remember which one it was or how old it was) that showed that, although men preferred bodies on the skinny side, womens' idea of the ideal female body was still skinnier than mens'.

What Guys Said 6

• I generally prefer thin/ fit. I couldn't peg down a specific ideal measurement, but I can give you a range. B [32 - 36], W [20 - 28], H [32 - 36], Height [5'4" - 5' 10"]. The shorter would not have the larger measurements, (so no 5'4" 36,28,36). Also, the hour glass shape is attractive, but I am not a fan of ones that are extremely pronounced. So I would find 36, 22, 36 less attractive than say 34, 26, 34. I find a bust and hip size closer to each other in measurement to be more attractive than ones farther apart. So 36, n, 32 or 32, n, 36 are less attractive. There are other physical factors that would have to be considered to find a true ideal.

hope you don't mind numbers. :- P

• I personally prefer a skinny, thin or petite girl. Its just much sexier because they look after themselves when their built like that. But not stick thin .

My celebrity example of this would be EMMY ROSSUM.

Look her up. She has a great figure and is very cute.

• I prefer a woman with curves, an hourglass shape. I dislike thin women, mostly because their bony and usually have small breasts. I would like a women with some c cups and a large ass. Also wide hips and kinda big thighs. She doesn't have to be really athletic just toned up you know. Like Kim Kardashian or Vida Guerra, they would be perfect examples

• I really think that the "ideal" woman is going to vary between men and there is no one "best" body shape, but personally I think the hourglass body-type is most attractive. I like girls to be thin and toned with relatively large boobs and ass.

• Fit/Thin women.

• Melyssa Ford has the perfect body link

What Girls Said 3

• Based on my psychology classes, men biologically prefer the pear and hourglass shapes the best. They are the ones in which a woman has a small waist and holds her weight in her hips, or her hips and breasts. As for overall size, men actually prefer women two sizes bigger than what women THINK men prefer. In fact, it's actually better to be slightly over the ideal bmi than under. Once you get under or over a certain point, biologically you look infertile or unable to carry a healthy baby, but there is a lot more leeway in the bigger direction than the underweight direction surprisingly.

• proportion is also important.

• minka kelly