My hair is dark brown and I want to highlight it- what color would look best besides blonde?

Highlighting my hair but I don't know what would look best besides blond!

Most Helpful Girl

• try a bright burgundy, I have dark almost black brown hair and have done burgundy in the past, the color is called cherry cordial or somthing like that it almost looks kinda pruple in the sun and dark red every where else

• Well I was thinking about dying it black or sum darker than my natural color do you think I would look good with black hair?

• I think that black would wash you out, I would go with a two tone if you abouslutely want to do black, black underneath and a burgundy on top or just go one shade darker then do the burgundy streaks. are you doing this at home or going to a salon? if your doing it at home use the loreal kits that have the dye and the highlights in one they work great

What Guys Said 3

• bleack streaks blond and then put a dark red in, that looks good!

• light brown

• put in some light brown and burgundy highlights!

What Girls Said 4

• caramel definitely. you should do it just a little bit lighter than your natural color.. blonde would just look fake. since its a major difference from your natural color. personally I would say don't do it at all, because you'll regret it. I got hightlights in 7th grade.. and I had to dye my hair all the way up until my sophmore year in high school until I just let it grow out.. but it looked horrible in the process. I'm never ever dying my hair again.

but yeah, if you're going to make it look natural meaning a lighter shade of brown.

• I agree a MILLIONNNN percent! You definitely want it to look natural.

• Carmel, it's my favorite highlight when my hair is dark

• hot pink or bronze(medium), hehe, or you want silver, it looks cool too

• I would go with a redish brownish color.