Hair extension on girls?

why do all girls use hair extensions? your hair can be naturally long, so why?

thanx for all answers, I don't have anything against extensions, but I was just curious why girls spend so much money on something they can get. not all but most of us can have pretty long hair. maybe unpatientce, maybe fashion..

Most Helpful Girl

• difference reasons, thicker hair, longer hair. They are so popular now days because straightening was so popular a while ago and now those girls are suffering from all the damage and brittle, breaking hair. Soon everyone will be wearing wigs! ..or have guy hair cuts.

What Guys Said 2

• hahah, look at all these haters...5 stars

• No one is hating they are just stating a point. She generalized this question making it seem as if ALL girls wear extensions. And there is nothing wrong with wearing extensions if that's what a woman likes to wear to make her self look prettier then I don't see anything wrong with it. :)

• I hate hair extensions. I dated a few black girls and would always rather spend big bucks on a salon then have them use hair extensions.

What Girls Said 19

• lol, well, not "all girls" use hair extensions.

But, here are a few reasons why they might:

1. They want long hair now---and don't want to wait for it to grow that long.

2. Their natural hair doesn't grow out very nicely (i.e. if they have dry hair, it might break/get split ends very easily, which makes it harder to grow out).

3. It might not just be about length---if they have thin hair, they may get extensions to make their hair look fuller.

• I don't personally use it, but my sister does. Her hair takes a really long time to grow long so she 'cheated' and got extensions.

And another reason why some girls do is because you really can't get the 'fullness' or volume without the hair extensions.

• Some girls can't grow their hair as easily. Or when it does grow, its thin. Personally I don't like them. I think they're fake. But to each their own.

• My sister has extensions because it's easier for her to take care of shorter hair and clip in the extensions than it is to take care of longer hair. It also takes years to grow and she doesn't want to wait that long.

I don't like my short hair but it's my fault for cutting it, so I'm waiting while it grows out.

• Not all girls use hair extentions...AND it is not true that ones hair can be naturally long...thats why people use hair extentions...its because their own hair will likely never be that length.Not everyone has straight hair,and the curlier it is,the more difficult it is to retain length hence the extension industry booming.

• really? I didn't know about it.

• I am not saying that AAWomen cannot grow their hair long,i am saying that not EVERYONE does as she has stated. I am AA and I know first hand about relaxers,and extentions believe me.That is not the main issue here.That is why I said research needs to be done because due to Genetics NOT EVERYONE CAN GROW THEIR HAIR LONG.There are other things involved along with just "taking care of your hair". And my opinion is not limited to AAs...its directed towards everyone.But people also wear extentions

• because they want a different style or color etc But it is definitely NOT TRUE that everyone can grow their hair long.

• bcuz some girls hair takes forever to grow or they want long hair instantly

• Not all of us use hair extensions. You should learn to not use absolutes so much.

• I choose not to use extensions. I usually have my hair stylist thin out my hair. I dye it so that's the only thing I'll do to my hair that isn't natural. Some extensions look good though. I just don't use them.

• I have no interest in them.I like my natural hair. I would rather take the patience to grow it out. It's a lot less expensive.

• Girls don't have a long hair usually use hair extensions but if you have already long hair then why still use extensions? I used to have long hair because I maintaned using Reloxe for Natural hair regrow.

• idk anyone that wears them, I sure don't..

• i wear them because I am trying to grow my hair out. and I am at a time to wear I don't feel like doing something every morning and risk it frizzing up as the day go on.

• Because they can...

• Emm negative I all girls do not use hair extensions..

• I don't wear hair extensions. I don't know what you're talkin' about ;)

• i don't lol

• That's actually not true. There are some girls who have chronic hair loss, some girls took a risk and got a cute hair cut then got bored with it and don't want to wait for their hair to grow long. Some girls simply don't know what regimens are best for their hair so their hair doesn't grow the way it could, they get frusrated and choose to just get hair extensions. Other girls just like to switch up their look. Hair extensions allow them to do that without damaging their hair with color.

Don't be so judgmental. Why are you worried about what other females do with their hair? lol

• I don't worry but I think its just waste of money. they cost too much in our country, so Iam so surprised why girls spend so much money on something they can naturally get.

• Not all girls feel like they can naturally get it.

• Not all girls use them...not every girl is walking around with extensions in her hair. I guess some girls get tired of waiting for their hair to grow. Some peoples' hair grows slowly. And a lot of times peoples' own long hair looks matted at the ends, extensions are thicker.

I never used extensions but that is my guess.

• I don't use it myself, my hair is naturally long :)

But maybe the hair of some girls doesn't grow that fast and they want long hair now? Or they went to the hairdresser and they cut it too short?

I don't have anything against extentions, but please girls who use it, make sure you don't see a difference between your natural hair and your extentions, because that's just wrong :')

• I don't have anything against too, but I think its waste of money

• Yea, so do I, I think it's a good temporarily solution if you want long hair... but not good on the long run.