Why are there mostly attractive girls working at most of the stores in the mall?

It just hit me today. I was at the mall today and most of the shops I walked into had mainly attractive girls working there. I mean like 90% of the female workers I saw today were really attractive. As werid as this sounds, I was wondering where all the average/below-average working women were. I heard that a lot o stores hire attractive women. How come? Do attractive women normally get jobs given on a plate for them?

Most Helpful Girl

• People like beautiful people. Sales is all about presentation. And yes, the opportunities to be exploited as a sex object simply for being an attractive woman are plentiful. In every industry. Do they put ugly people in commercials? But its not jobs handed on a plate, it's simply a better shot at a low paying job in a certain Market.

If there was some lineup where you could get into for an envelope of cash based on your beauty alone, all these attractive women wouldn't be in these sh*tty paying jobs to entertain you while you consume.

What Girls Said 7

• I think its more easy for an attractive woman to get a job. But who really knows. I was in Victorias Secret yesterday and there were several ugly woman working there so I wouldn't say they are all attractive. I know there are several places in the mall that will hire only attractive women.

• the ugly chicks tend to work at fast food places and target

• Are you more likely to shop and come back to a store with ugly or beautiful people working in there? It's all about attracting customers. I hate to say it, but in commercial business, image is almost everything.

• I think they do, I don't want to sound nerdy, but I read an article were it stated that abercombie hired only tall white- casual chicks to work there, I guess they think that the attractive girls will be the ones that bring in more customers which will usually be guys or girls who want to look a certain way.

• I work at hollister (which is under the abercrombie name) and I am Asian, just saying. Haha. They're getting better about diversity now because they were hounded on that in the past.

• I used to work at Abercrombie and Fitch and I am an African American girl with huge curly hair so that article was false. I also worked their with my other African Ameican friend.

• I think it's the makeup.

• Maybe you find the majority of young women attractive ... ever think of that? You could have a generous eye. I've noticed that some higher-priced shops do tend to hire very attractive men and women, but most hire pretty average looking people. BUT ... you put well-fitting clothes on an average person, paired with a nice haircut and a big smile ... they start to look better than their features alone.

• I'm not trying to sound arrogant, just being honest here. As an attractive girl who used to not be so attractive, I feel that it's easier to get jobs if you're pretty. I've gotten a few jobs where I noticed most or all of the female staff were attractive. I think for some jobs, such as fitness centers, it's stratigic and the boss thinks the attractive girl will make people more likely to attract business.

What Guys Said 2

• Jobs like this. You can't really get extra customers with a grumpy, 41 years old, 340 lbs hairy woman. It makes sense!

• I think it is because most teen clothing stores want young attractive people working for them, especially girls. I've only noticed it at stores like A.E and Hollister though, most other places like the food court or big stores like penneys or younkers seem to be about average as far as attractive girls, at least in my area.