Is it healthy to think that you are attractive to the opposite gender?

I used to have poor self-esteem and body image problems, but after accepting my "flaws" as me and also looking after myself a bit more (clothes/grooming) I feel comfortable in myself and think that I look alright...definitely not a male model! but not ugly like I once thought. I also get more compliments/attention nowadays from girls (perhaps it's because my mind's in a better frame?) but I am wary of this turning me down the path of vanity and narcissism- traits I really deplore, but am aware that exist in everyone. What do you reckon? what is the healthy balance one should maintain?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it's definitely healthy. Just don't fall into the trap where you stop trying to improve yourself. Women are always working on their looks, but men tend to get lazy when they think they're "good enough." Which leads to rejections, friend-zoning, and coming on this website complaining about not getting women and having no idea why. "It can't be looks" they claim, "I'm decent looking."

It's GREAT that you're comfortable in your skin. You should be. Just always work to improve yourself and you'll never find yourself failing. (The women will love you for it too).

What Girls Said 5

• It is great to be confident and love your own self image.

Now, if you were walking down the street saying

"Im the hottest man to walk the face of this earth." or "No one looks better than me." then you are cocky, which is a huge turn off.

Being confident is perfectly healthy and fine.

Your positive attitude about yourself is def. showing, which is why girls are more drawn to you.

No one wants a guy that is insecure and constantly downing himself.

• Of course its healthy, as long as you don't get cocky and arrogant, it's fine, you need to be right in the middle, you need to know you're attractive but you always need to be modest about it. For example, I think I'm a pretty girl, I know I'm not drop dead gorgeous but I don't think I'm ugly either, I still have many flaws but everybody has flaws, nobodys perfect so its good you accepted yours :)

• i feel ya.. I've been getting much more comfortable with my body and how I look at myself and carry myself.. especially when it comes to trying to impress someone now.. as long as you aren't super cocky like I'm the hottest guy in this room I should treat people worse because they aren't as good as me kinda thing... it's great to love yourself and be happy with your body just don't become cocky from it :)

• Yes it is healthy to be attractive, you are actually heading in the right path being able to accept your flaws, but at the same time improving them one step at a time. as long as you keep that balance of knowing you have flaws but at the same time improving within yourself. You will continue to build good confidence inside and out. Others will continue to see it and you will too. Just as long as you don't let the ego booster overpower you that's when you start receiving negative vibes from others and you will know it too. Good Luck!

• yes its healthy to think you are attractive to them.

What Guys Said 2

• Nothing wrong with a bit of self belief... Personally I haven't reached that stage, but wish I could... To feel comfortable in my own skin.

• Having good self-esteem is healthy. You seem at a comfortable place with your looks and not on the narcissistic side. I think I need more of that attitude, so be happy that you think like that.