Dyeing your hair? Yes or no?

If you've dyed your hair before, would you recommend it?

I've heard some people love doing it, and others say it just ruins your hair and isn't worth it.

Just wondering because I've been thinking of dyeing mine.

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah,but just take breaks between dying your hair or your hair will fry for sure. but I mean, just condition it and you will be fine.

What Guys Said 2

• If that icon of yours is a picture of you (I'm assuming it is) then you don't have to dye your hair, trust me.

Besides, maybe it does damage your hair, maybe it doesn't, but either way it takes away from your natural beauty.

• naw girl I love ur black hair

What Girls Said 8

• I've been dying my hair since I was 14. (I started getting a few grays way too early in life! ) I'm very blonde, so I have to keep up with highlights too.

Advantages: You get to change your hair to your mood. I get really bored with the same hair style and color so its a lot of fun to play around.

Disadvantages: You're hair does get damaged. You should be fine as long as you go to a professional and they use good products. I wouldn't suggest doing it yourself. (I did that once when I was younger and my hair turned orange!) Plus don't do anything too drastic. I've had 2 friends, one that had light hair and tried to go dark and the other had dark hair and tried to go blonde. The girl that went dark had a hell of a time trying to strip out the color when she wanted to go back to normal. the girl that went lighter, her hair started breaking from the bleach. both of these girls went too drastic though.

I agree with Gotc147... you don't ever want to take away from you're natural beauty. If I wasn't going gray in my early 20s I might not be dying my hair.

• ive been dying my hair since I was 12 I've been a red head, a blonde girl, black hair, plum hair, high lights and a brunette I'm naturally really dark hair but its blonde at the moment but its fun having changes but it can wreck your hair if you don't go hair dressers

• It isn't the best for your hair.The chemicals break down the natural keratin your hair has and destroyed the molecules. Also, I see your hair is very dark. It is pretty and I don't think there is much you could do to it anyways.

• i have this thing of not dying my hair until I actually get grey hairs. its like me natural thing. I like to be natural so I like to keep it simple, natural jsut looks better too me.

but when I do get grey hairs I'm gonna dye my hair its natural color then put in a little grey streak in the front like stacy london from TLC's what not to wear

ha that's my life plan in a nutshsell for my hair! weird, I know

• i have dyed my hair like probably 10 or more times since teh first day of school to like easter and my hair is still as soft as it was before I ever dyed it.it didn't ruin my hair, and I straighten it too and that doesn't ruin it either.but that's just me.it does mess up some peoples hair though.it can make it get really greasy or it can make it really rough.even if just a bit it can still make it rough.or it can do nothing like it did with me.

• I think natural is better,but a new hair colour can be also good. it can be bad just cos it kinda ruins ur hair,and if ur hair is not that strong,..then even more.

• I have black hair so I had to bleach mine to get it to dye a lighter color.

And the bleached part is really broken and weak now.

I don't recommend it at ALL. Learning to accept your hair color is much easier.

• Well I don't recomend it. but then agian if its what you want.

like at first I loved dying my hair

i dyed my hair every like 3 weeks.

yeaa I know thatsb ad for your hairr

my hair was frided for the longest time.

but now I regret ever touching my hair with hair dye.

But I mean either way yo ucould be happy I'm sure.